Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 250 ninja with 14000 miles for 1400 it has been layed however and i need a new upper fairing

and the touch up on the bike is horrible i need a replacement fairing, a new tire(not sure what size they are)shift lever is bent so i need a new one and i also need a grab bar, and a left muffler because mines got a baseball sized dent in it

aftermarket parts are fine if they are street legal

i have looked all over for the fairing and other parts can anyone tell me where to get them? and i dont wanna go to the kawi dealer

but besides that tell me what you think of her

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
i say get the brake lever and new tire, then just ride it as is. i wouldnt dump a bunch of money into a 250, just apprecaite it for a starter bike/ commuter.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
for kansas do i have to have a person with a motorcycle license accompany me? im 19 with only a permit... as for the 1987 its a 99 but i think i put my bday there instead

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
So those pictures are after the little drop ehh? Your fairings look pretty mint for a used 250... And from the pic, the grab bar looked perfectly fine... As for the tires I would be sure to replace both, www.ninja250.com is a good place to go for info. But as for the fairing, what the picture shows isn't worth your trouble... Unless you plan on having this as your last bike, and want to make it perfect.. In that case you will have to scour ebay for a long while.. As for the muffler, you may want to upgrade to a muzzy.. Ohh yeah I don't know of any aftermarket parts that are really illegal... But if any are, I'm sure it won't be noticed, unless your using one of those IR laser things to change red lights---... Well good luck and have fun with your new bike!

·
Registered
320 Posts
thats the exact damage i got on my bike when i dropped it. My shifter bent too, i just used a plier to bend it back. it works fine. As for the bar end and the break lever...they only got scraped up, so i spray painted them with Rustolium satin black spray paint. I relpaced my stock (that got dented from the center stand) with a full muzzy exhaust. After you do that...then u see that you swing arm is scratched too from ur pipes (i covered that with a piece over silver vynle, and it looks flawless!)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well theres some damage just for some reason the pictures seem to leave out the damage.... but i did a new mod on the grab bar...dupont spray bed liner

just ignore my fathers nasty harley...its not a bike if its got 4 speakers, 6 disk,gps,xm, and a cooler

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

as for his plate...he told me its the son he never had lol so that explains that one

as you can see my drag tire because the kenda tire hasnt arived yet

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the same damage on my Ninja i have yet put any money into really fixing that part of the bike i know next year ill go up to some bigger Kawasaki so i think ill save my money and pay to get the bike fixed before i sell it.. the bent clutch lever wont give you any issues unless it's bent in torward the handle i kinda find it more fit to my hand lol, and with the green of your bike just take some green paint to the faring to hide it a little better mines a dark blue so it hides it self lol.. well thats my 2cents anyway

·
Registered
71 Posts
There is nothing wrong with cleaning up your bike. I am the same way. I don't plan on keeping it forever but I want it to look good in the mean time.

·
Registered
45 Posts
With the upper fairing, just sand it down, use a bit of bondo or permatex 5 minute epoxy weld, reshape the gnarly areas, and re-paint the upper fairing. PJ1 sells the Kawaski color match paint as well as many other companies. A couple of hours and it can look like new.

You think that is bad check out this fairing. It's nothing to look at now, it still needs a lot of re-shaping and forming. Once I get a windscreen I can cut the repaired areas to fit like OEM. When it's finished and painted you won't even know it was ever destroyed.
So far it has cost me $40 for the epoxy, fiberglass and paint/primer

To buy a new one is $510 before taxes for a new one...
If I really wanted to i could make my own screen out of lexan but I'm building this bike for my wife and it's going to be a show bike when it's done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by skoalman2k5
i just bought a 250 ninja with 14000 miles for 1400 it has been layed however and i need a new upper fairing

and the touch up on the bike is horrible i need a replacement fairing, a new tire(not sure what size they are)shift lever is bent so i need a new one and i also need a grab bar, and a left muffler because mines got a baseball sized dent in it

aftermarket parts are fine if they are street legal

i have looked all over for the fairing and other parts can anyone tell me where to get them? and i dont wanna go to the kawi dealer

but besides that tell me what you think of her
your bike looks sweet, now i wish mine was green instead of red

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi I,m new/old. I am 68 and haven't been riding for 28 years. Bought a BMW R1150R in June and sold it in November and bought a 2007BMW R1200R ( 20 miles on it) . ALso bought an 06 250 NInja (red) with 1200miles on it this winter. DAMN WINTER! When I open the garage door there is the ninja staring at me. CAn't wait for the snow and ice to go away so that I can start riding.
My old bikes were;

57 cushman eagle built to the max. Speeding ticket for 70 mph.
R7 Yamaha
KH 400 Kawasaki two stroke rocket.
BMW R1150R
BMW R1200R New
Ninja 250 almost new

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.