Discussion Starter #1
pics of my bikes

/forum/uploads/zbaron/dcp02414.jpg
/forum/uploads/zbaron/dcp02413.jpg
/forum/uploads/zbaron/dcp02398.jpg

·
Registered
61 Posts
You paid 9 for it? I got it for 8 out the door, anyway It is a little bumpy but other than that i really dont have any probs I love it

·
Registered
22 Posts
ZBaron, sorry you feel that way, hope you can fix the prob. I have nothing to say but good things about this bike! My last bike was a '95 ZX-7r and would gladly have givin it up for this one. Also am only 5'9 and can touch the ground with leaning alittle to either side.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm 5'11 and it fits me fine. Just have to be careful when hitting some bumps or the nutz get racked. Other than that, I love this bike.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I definetely agree that your nuts take a pounding if you aren't careful, and the bike is a little bumpy, but you can make some adjustments to change that. As for the bike being to tall, have you considered lowering it a notch? That would probably make it a perfect fit. Give it some time, you'll come around.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
I'm 5'7", any bike I sit on is too tall for me [V]. I have sat on the '03 and do like the feel and look of it, but for the overall money, I'd stick with my '02. Maybe when I get some spare cash (and Kawi makes a 636 in Green here in the states) I'll think about buying one. As far as I'm concerned, I'll stick with mine for now.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I see you're points. This bike is even less comfortable than my R1.

Wrists: It's a growing trend that the bikes get more and more sporty with lower bars. With 600's I think it's even more so because they keep getting smaller and lighter.

Heat: It also seems more common now. I noticed when I rode in traffic that it puts out some heat. Fortunately I never ride in shorts and usually leathers anyway.

Nuts: Yes I noticed that also about this bike. The suspention is very stiff. More stiff than others it seems. I will have to work on it some I think.

Height: I'm 5'10" and don't have a problem.

The answer to you: I think you should get a "sport tourer" type of bike. You say you ride 1-2 hours a day, I assume commuting, then I wonder why you went for a sport 600. Maybe check ino a yzf600 or F4 or sv or Z1 or vfr or vtr. There are tons to choose from for sure.

·
Registered
140 Posts
My first week was bad, wrists, neck, and back hurt. No issues now except my nut sack on a big bump that I did not sit back for! I have ridden my friends 600RR, not much better, sounds like you need a sport cruiser. Oh, and I am not 20 years old, if I was I doubt I would have any comfort issues, my body is getting old!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Two words for ya'
SUZUKI KATANA
J/K...
My first week sucked too, now not so bad. I ride to work everyday too but its a 3 mile commute. I'm not sure why you got the bike if you wanted comfort. There are "more comfortable" sport bikes out there, but there is no such thing as a plush sport bike. You should either get used to it, do what you can and live with it, or buy a cruiser.

·
Registered
349 Posts
After yesterday, my 636 became a very twisty/trackday only bike. This bike is the most uncomfortable bike ever made. But I knew that going in. I just wondered how long I could stand it. After 10 hrs in the saddle yesterday, maybe 3 GOOD hours of twisties, I've learned my lesson. It's much worse than my RC51, which I thought was bad. Nope. The 636 takes the cake. Do I regret buying it? No. It's exactly what I wanted- a good aggressive track bike out of the gate. That it is. A trackday allows plenty of time to recover between sessions:D. But I know exactly what you mean about the wrists.

·
Registered
120 Posts
grip the tank w/ your knees and sit back a little

i went riding today and i am fine, no wrist pain, no back pain, im 5'10 (i like to claim 6' every now and then though) and both my feet touch the ground...i wear jeans and have noticed that it gets hot when stopped at a light...but im guessing all bikes are like that...the ball busting sux, you just have to raise off the seat a little when you see a bump coming and sit back holding the tank w/ you knees, the first time i hit a bump on this bike my balls were in my throat

just make sure you grip the tank w/ you knees and you should be fine, your not supposed to be pressing your wrists down on the bars, unless your countersteering :)

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Sounds like you need to soften your rear suspension. Mine was hard as a damn rock until I dialed it in. I have no probs with my bike and thats coming from a 99' zx6r and i love both of them.:D

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'd give it a little more time. I can't compare my 636 to a more comfortable bike because I started on this bike. But, for the first few weeks I had very sore wrists. The only thing I wish I had was another bike for 2 up riding. But I wouldn't have bought anything else. I did 70 miles non stop on Saturday and didn't even feel it at all...execpt for my nuts! Man, I'm seriously thinking about a corbin!

·
Registered
755 Posts
My wrists hurt until I lowered the clutch and brake levers forward, and that solved all of the problems. The testicle issue still exists, but my hands are fine more than any other 600. This is the least buzzy of the engine IMHO, as longs as RPMs are kept above 8gs.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I'd like to know how many miles you have put on the bike. Many of those issues (sore wrists, arms, etc) will go away over time... I actually find the bike very comfortable now, not like a Goldwing, but for a hardcore sportbike, pretty damn good.

The seat slope issue? Give it time. When I ride on my buddies' bikes, I can't stand that their seat DOESN'T slope - feels like I'm sliding back under hard acceleration.

Do yourself a favor and lower the levers, too. It'll make a WORLD of difference in the stop and go stuff, because it keeps your wrists and arms at the same angle and takes some of the strain off your wrists.

The new Honda CBR600RR has a harder seat, a tighter knee-to-bar relationship, and more awkward pegs. I was surprisingly uncomfortable after a 15-minute rip...

If you aren't into hard riding though, maybe a VFR800 would be more up your alley? VERY comfortable bike you can ride for HOURS without getting sore. And even though you're going to give up straight line and cornering performance, the 800 isn't a BAD performer for a sport-tourer.

All relative to the type of riding you do and rider you are...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
my riding habbit! yank the throttle, scrape them knees ,smoke that R6
beat that yellow light,out run that cop,wave to the ladies.get that 500 foot wheelie.that about sums it up.[8D]

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
If you bought it to ride the twisties like your first post says, you are going to get fatigued. The more you set a bike up for corners the less comfortable it gets. If you are not use to riding hard you are going to tire more easily and be stiffer. My 02 is set 6mm down in front and 5mm up in rear. I have my suspension dialed in so it is very stiff in front and average in back. Bike does not like big bumps but I'm not going to ride all out in bad bumps. I can ride for a couple of hours like that. If you want to burn corners you are not going to be comfortable.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just had to say something. Ride your bike more! That is only solution. Your body will adjust to the torture rack. I'm sorry, but there is no way an '03 ZX6R is more uncomfortable than 916/996/998 or the current R1...Try siting on either of those bikes and then tell me that the Ninja is a rack.

Craig

·
Registered
129 Posts
I bought my 636 a month or so ago, and i'm fine on it. before i had a super sherpa street legal dirt bike. as for the wrist thing.. i will second you need to hold the tank with your knees, thats how you ride sports bikes. thier not made for pleasant traveling, and a freakin super sport.

i'm personaly very tired of hearing people complain about the comfort, i garuntee (that i can't spell) that if you hop on anyother supersport it will be no less forgiving on your balls.. i just had to learn where to set mine and i'm fine

As for the hight thing.. i'm on my toes at stops to.. but i'm about to get mine lowerd an inch for so, then you gotta rework the kickstand.

very few of the gripes people have for this bike are legit. it always sounds like people just bought the bike cause the name sounds cool, or it just neat looking. if your all woried about max comfort, get a tourer.. or a super scooter.

get abike to fit your style.. not a style to fit your bike.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I just got my 636 today and I love it. I was used to ride on my ex500, so I have to get used to this one. My wrists hurt as well but I am sure that I will get used to it or basically it will go away. I am only 5"10 as well and I can set my feet on the ground. I can barely touch the ground so when I come to a stop I usually just put down my right leg down and keep my left on the shifter. I live in california and the heat in the valley is to die for. Today was about 110 and I was out riding the bike. I wish I would've drank some water before leaving the house because I was panting like a dog on every light. I don't mind the suspension on it, I guess I don't mind getting my ballz squished once in a while but anyways the bike is superb. I think I paid 8000 out the door, I went to two dealerships to see which one would give me a better deal on the bike.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.