Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys, new to the forum and to biking in general, passed my test two weeks ago so am a proper noooob. here she is... no mods yet, but i have added a D&D bolt-on the other day. i'm just gonna enojy the bike as it is for now and then i'll be looking for some ideas from you guys!

So if there is anyone from NW London, England in the house give me a shout!

·
Registered
111 Posts
very nice, rare color too if i remember correctly. is it a 01?

·
Registered
386 Posts
sweet! but doesn't it have a double bubble windscreen, fender eliminator and tire hugger?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah its an 01 plate, J2 model i think..

and Jaws.. yeah, it does.. i'll be honest mate, i am such a noob i dont know what is stock and what is modded. it does have braided brake lines, whatever those are !! they are supposed to be better?!

so much to learn, eh?!

·
Registered
101 Posts
man that's a really good looking bike guy. that's the 2nd 98-02 zx6r i've seen that looks as good as new.

how many miles does it have?

·
Registered
386 Posts
and Jaws.. yeah, it does.. i'll be honest mate, i am such a noob i dont know what is stock and what is modded. it does have braided brake lines, whatever those are !! they are supposed to be better?!

so much to learn, eh?!
oh no problem man.. I just wasn't sure if you didnt know of those mods or just forgot..
I can understand buying a used bike you aren't sure what is modified and what isn't.. makes me wonder if they shimmed it or anything..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jaws.. the guy said..

"Valves adjusted, shims replaced, carbs aligned, and chain adjusted"

The guy i bought it off is a proper biker, very honest guy. a copper actually, he rides around on a cop bike!

What are the shims?

·
Registered
226 Posts
good buy man, this is mine that i just picked up for $3,500. I now has 5,600 miles on it.

you will really enjoy this bike man, i know i have enjoyed mine. until i scraped the side of it yesterday coming into work but hey that happens.

·
Registered
647 Posts
You guys got some really good deals on a really good bike. I've never seen the blue colour scheme before in real life until yesterday. Some dude pulled up along the side of me on a street and I was like, "that bike is sick". And today I see you post up.

LeMoore, congrats man. As Jaws4God pointed out, it looks like your bike has been pretty much modded to the teeth (at least appearance wise). But I'm pretty sure if the previous owner did all that, you have your carbs shimmed and might even be running an aftermarket filter. So you don't really need to do anything to the bike. lol In any case, congrats.

dedge, you gotta take off that stupid reflector from the front tire (easy mod, you just unsrew a couple of screws and it's off the fork). Unless, you like the look, then don't mind me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks dude, everyone seems to love the colour. its funny as i wasnt looking at kwaks originally, it was all about the the gixxer. but then i saw this bike and had to have it. am so glad i went with it now! my girlfriend aint getting NO love at the moment, its all going to the bike !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts