Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had my new 06 10r for about a week now. Loving it! Here it is along side my buddie's 05 6r. I happen to like the back end a lot. I'm waiting on a rear seat cowl and frame sliders. Everything is backordered. I guess that's what I get for waiting so long to buy her. Also, I'm breaking her in for the 4,00 rpm 500 mile deal. I get to about 6th gear just to go highway speeds. I have noticed a funny "flutter" in the higher gears when the rpms drop to 3500 or 3000. I assume this is beacuse I am in a high gear for a low rpm, but never noticed it whe I broke in my 600. This is my first liter bike. Do you think it will get better once I can actually crank through the gears instead of driving like my grandma?

·
Registered
415 Posts
once you get to open her up you'll be amazed.

you should get a hold of Advaned Kawi (site sponsor). I think they have that seat cowl in stock...

Looks good.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I remember breaking in my 05, I jumped on and rode about 200 miles (from Fairbanks to Delta and back)with all kind of cars passing. Some say "ride it like you stoled it" to break it in... not for me. Not two many 200 mile rides in Juneau.... Been to the Red dog? or Red Terrier? bar there a couple of times.... Nice Bike P.S. how come it is not raining in your Photos?:D

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the rains are back today. Friggin Juneau pisses me off sometimes. I need to go north.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
damn i must say that this is the 1st time i have seen the 2 side by side...the 6R and the 10R and that 10 is a Huge ass bike versus the rest of the liter class bikes....

maybe 2008 will be the return to a track focused and sized bad ass mother F'er.
just wishing with the future of Motogp they will make a ZX-8 that would be the shit!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Originally posted by jdgun_13
damn i must say that this is the 1st time i have seen the 2 side by side...the 6R and the 10R and that 10 is a Huge ass bike versus the rest of the liter class bikes....

maybe 2008 will be the return to a track focused and sized bad ass mother F'er.
just wishing with the future of Motogp they will make a ZX-8 that would be the shit!!!!!!!!
That's one of the reasons I bought the 06 10. I wanted something around me, a little bigger, yet not ZX14 size. Side by side though, they are small. I was comparing the 06 to my buddies 04 ZX10 the other day, even that is small compared to the 06 lol.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll have to get a couple pics in front of the glacier that is a few miles away when the weather gets nicer for you guys. That would make an awesome desktop.

·
Registered
11 Posts
When I broke in my 636, I had been told that the 4k 500mi, 6k 1000 mi limits are not as important as just not maintaining a constant rpm. Run it through the rpm spectrum just do not hold it constant. I found that to work well and am following the same thought on breaking in my new 10r. This also means not going slower than traffic.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wish I had a track[V]

We are a little isolated up here. Actually I should cruise over to the glacier and take a pic of the bike in front of it, that would make a killer screen saver.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.