Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sold my 1998 ZX6R for $4,700 and turned right around and got a 2000 model for the same price. The only bad thing is I just got new M1s about 3 months ago. Luckily the new bike had bad tires, so I just got a new set of Sportech M-1s installed today. I believe these are the BEST tires on the planet...exceptional grip ($232 at my shop, but you can get them for $201 inc. shipping from Discountmotorcycletire.com)

I love this new bike. It came w/ a green Micron pipe and only had 4k miles (instead of 12k on the 98). The 2000 seems a bit stiffer so I can now ride no-handed, but not as stiff as the Gixxer; which is good so I can still corner well. The 2000's headlights are much more aggressive looking and both come on w/out using the high beams.

What a great bike. I knew it would be. GO GREEN OR GO HOME.

/forum/uploads/scttpr/scottbike01.jpg

·
Registered
192 Posts
Nice bike. You cant beat trading up to a newer model for the same price! What kind of windscreen is that? A black LP double bubble? Also how do you like the Micron as far as the sound?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Yeah the headlights on the 98 and 99 are kinda wierd looking. I have a 99 and an 03 and side by side the 99 looks like cyclops or something.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're right, the dual headlights are incredible. I am scared to look at it b/c it looks so aggressive. I have noticed that this bike tends to respond to leg movements at high speeds more, but it could be my riding position.

It is a smoked screen, but not double bubble :(, I believe it is LP, not zerogravity.

The Micron exhaust looks cool and definitely sounds tough, but I wish it was louder. Everyone says it is loud, but I like the pipes that scream by at about 5k rpm. In fact, I would be willing to trade for a louder pipe, I just don't know which one I want.

The only thing about this upgrade that hasn't been cool is the front brakes pulse. I took it to the shop and it may be rotors, pads (doubtful), or air in the lines. No air in the lines, and I'm not sure the pads cause that, so I believe the rotor(s) is/are bent, which will cost about $150 to fix. Damn, but still a great bike.

I am looking to get some new mirrors for it; without the rubber boots, any suggestions? The integrator seems to disengage my signals when braking...are the wires hooked up wrong? Also, my bike seems to tick a bit over 5000rpm...anyone else experiencing this? I know Kawis are noisy, but just checking.

Thanks for the compliments. I really enjoy this bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.