Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got hold of the Harris top mount kit with Ohlins damper.It looks a fantastic piece of kit,took just over an hour to fit with no hassles or problems.The design is more or less the same as other top mounts I've seen.The damper's got 20 clicks of adjustment so it I'll need to take her for a decent ride to get it right for me.I've only taken her round the block once but I can appreciate the difference its going to make.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by taystyl
isn't that kind of expensive for looking all ghetto?
Whats Ghetto about it?Its a steering damper!
What did you think it was going to look like?

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
i wouldn't begain to call it getto, but what i think you might be trying to say is, that it would be nice it se had a place to mount it like the zx6rr. already built in.

·
Registered
301 Posts
My god that only took them about 2 years to come up with. They really need to speed up their new product implementation because everyone with an 05 or 06 probably already has a GPR or Hyperpro by now.

·
Registered
418 Posts
does it get stiff as far as dampening goes? it look like the ones that come on the new zx-10's and people are complaining that it does not get stiff enough.maybe the aftermarket ones are better? i like the way it looks though..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Originally posted by ajax1976
Finally got hold of the Harris top mount kit with Ohlins damper.It looks a fantastic piece of kit,took just over an hour to fit with no hassles or problems.The design is more or less the same as other top mounts I've seen.The damper's got 20 clicks of adjustment so it I'll need to take her for a decent ride to get it right for me.I've only taken her round the block once but I can appreciate the difference its going to make.
What kind of bar ends are those?

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Yeah,dumb asses "Ohlins/Harris"
Why the hell wouldnt you get a damper kit out when you know people are wanting/needing them.
So wait 2 years while everyone else has already made a kit...
I ended up with hyper-Pro,and wouldnt trade it in for something else,not worth it.

Nice set-up though

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by nick041881
does it get stiff as far as dampening goes? it look like the ones that come on the new zx-10's and people are complaining that it does not get stiff enough.maybe the aftermarket ones are better? i like the way it looks though..
It goes very stiff,you would need to be brave and stupid to try and ride with it fully tight,its almost impossible to turn the bars.I think I'll be on about the 6th or 7th click out of 20.

·
Registered
634 Posts
looks alright to me.

·
Registered
418 Posts
thats good that it actually gets tight, because the ohlind on the zx-10 will not. it is an aftermarket that was manufactured to oem specs and it needs more dampening.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.