Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new bike couple of days ago and today went to a local bike store to buy some cool stuff :)

-New chains
-new front and rear sprockets
and bike cleaned up after i got it :p

what do you guys think?

(there should be a picture here if it works)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I only have tested it at a local training/race track(I'm only 17, so i can't ride it on public roads.. yet :D) and from my point of view it seems to be a great bike in every aspect!
It has only 40k kilometers on it and is in very good condition so it only needs hard driving and proper maintenance :)

I'm thinking of applying to a motorcycle course similar to MSF, so I could learn more about handling in dangerous situations and so on(it's never too late to learn ANYTHING :) ).

Sadly it's winter coming and it sure can be cold here in Finland.. so no riding in couple of months.. :/ but no can do. have to wait 'till summer. :)

Do you guys know any common problems of these bikes?
is it safe to rev up to 11k on a freeway without worrying about this 13 years old engine?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I rev mine to around 11200 every so often. these bikes are INCREDIBLY reliable, and generally trouble free in general. it really is an ideal beginner bike, not incredibly powerful, nor too weak. gotta enjoy riding it. this machine LIVES for twisty roads and stuff like that.

good call on wanting a cycle safety course of some kind. it'll teach you a LOT about how to stay shiny side up and hopefully handle emergency swerving, etc. gotta love this machine. spend a few bucks to get a helmet and some good protective clothing, leather is best.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good. I've heard same kind of statements of kawasakis reliability, so lets hope they'll last forever :)

I actually have helmet and other stuff 'cause I have been riding a custom 125cc honda rebel(it was a VERY bad mistake to buy one in the first place :D) for 2 years(summers), last week I got a new helmet, which was not from the cheapest side of their selection(about 300euros) I think it'll do for me for now :)
maybe I'll go to leather, when I grow out from these goretex clothes. :p
I have been practising some slow driving and other stuff at one local parking lot with my friends(those noobs have enduro mc:s :D, which I actually do not appreciate because when we are riding together, they usually are speeding etc, I personally like to drive gently and TRY to obey all traffic rules..) but I know that I'm never too experienced with these things and want to learn more :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Today lubricated my throttle and clutch cables just in case.
put 6 desilitres of 2-stroke oil in the gas tank(I'm going to empty it after winter and use the 2-stroke gas in my 50cc :)) just in case.
I was thinking about putting some stabilizer?? in the gas tank, but I have heard that some bad things have happened when my friends have tried it.(like it would get very thick and stuck up places etc.)
now then, my riding clothes have been cleaned up from bugs and bike is as shiny as new and in a warm garage.
it's winter time :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, it snows about 30-40cm on its worst :D

they say, that i should drain the carbs.
I opened those bottom screws, but all that came out was only a couple of drops! I got A LOT more gas out from rebel's carbs last year :O

·
Registered
7 Posts
I always figured the easiest way to drain the gas from the carbs was to shut the fuel valve from the tank off, then run the bike till the engine dies.
just a thought.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
maybe! I'll try that but if those carbs are any similar to rebel's there will still be some gas left at the bottom, but thanks for the advice :)

·
Registered
415 Posts
thats pretty hot:D[:Lol]

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
very nice bike, and like everyone else has said i also love the colors.

totally off subject, the pictures of the country side you posted are awesome.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts