Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No pics yet, but it's the 2001 Metallic Blue that is kinda hard to find! Oh and I am also new to the board. I used to have a Ninja 250 but I got tired of it real quick after I learned how to ride pretty good. I've got Ninja fever worse than anyone! I spend probably 6 hours a day (I'm a college student) on the internet looking up pictures and info on the zx6r! No joke! I will chill out after it warms up and I can ride again! I'm from the Indianapolis, IN area so if anyone else is a hoosier rider, lemme know. I'm always lookin' for someone to ride with! Later!

- Jon
2001 Metallic Blue ZX6-R
"It only takes one beer to get me drunk.......but I'm not sure if it's the 8th or 9th one!"

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Welcome aboard dude.

I too started on a Ninja 250, mine was a 2001. After about 6 months on that I was ready for the upgrade and got my 2002 Zx-6r in red (the red ones are the fastest [:p]) and haven't looked back since.

I still rode the 250 from time to time while waiting for it to sell (which it did) but the 6r was where it's at. I too collect pics of various bikes. I like seeing other peoples mods and schemes, it helps me get ideas.

-Flash

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but habit" - Aristotle

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
jon, i was looking at buying a blue like that when i first started looking for a motorcycle. i think that blue is a really nice color, not that my red 02 isn't, but i'd paint it that if i was ever going to paint my bike :D

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Flash Ahhh

I too collect pics of various bikes. I like seeing other peoples mods and schemes, it helps me get ideas.

Yeah that's what I do too. I know what's available for the 6R but I wanna see what it looks like on the bike before I decide to get it! I think the 2001 blue looks amazingly sexy with polished frame, swingarm and wheels! Or even chromed frame, swingarm and wheels! But dear god the $$$ for that! :p

- Jon
2001 Metallic Blue ZX6-R
"It only takes one beer to get me drunk.......but I'm not sure if it's the 8th or 9th one!"

·
Registered
207 Posts
hey jdnewman, ur name does sound familiar from ninja250.com I was always over there when i had my 250 but recently got a silver636. Definitely a wise choice for the both of us;)

--- '03 zx6r

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Ahh, JDNewman... I know you well...
Maybe I should report back to the 250 board that you got tired of your bike, no? ;) Let Jeb give you a tongue lashing about how no one's ever ready to move up to a 600cc bike.

I'll never understand why such a large majority of people on that board go ape-shit about someone wanting/buying a bigger bike... I also don't remember you posting about your new bike, I wonder if that might be the reason... ;)

Anyway, don't go nuts with your new bike until you have a decent amount of saddle time and have learned it fairly well. Don't want to have to explain it to everyone there that ya done rubbed yourself out on a 6r after only a couple days on it :0

BC (aka- Ian)

I didn't do it, I swear.
And even if I did, what makes you think I would admit it to you?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by bladecutter

Ahh, JDNewman... I know you well...
Maybe I should report back to the 250 board that you got tired of your bike, no? ;) Let Jeb give you a tongue lashing about how no one's ever ready to move up to a 600cc bike.

Awwww, Ian! You wouldn't report me would you? [xx(] Haha! Yes I know that Jeb and a few others would give me the fatherly thrashing about why a 250 is a fine bike. But I am so deep into motorcycling that I now understand that I need a bike that is capable of more than just "get me from point A to point B" The Ninja was great in the twisties, but today sportbikes were designed for power and speed and that's what I want. They could really bitch if I was buying an '03 zx6r or an F4i or Gixxer, but I went with a 2 year old kawi model! I know what I want and the fastest and lightest bike isn't quite what I need. And by the way, I do plan to watch out on the ZX6R....in truth I'm actually nervous about what it'll be like so I know I'll take it nice and slow. I'm also scheduled for a track day here in Indiana on April 12 at Putnam Park so hopefully I'll get in tune with my new bike's handling characteristics and be able to apply that to my street riding! Anyway, thanks for acknowledging me! ;) Talk to you guys later on!

- Jon
2001 Metallic Blue ZX6-R

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Hey JD, I live about 2 miles outside Cincinnati, and like you, I recently (about two weeks ago) bought a zx6r. Mine's not new, it's a 1996, but it's my first street bike, and looks sweet. If you hear of any rides around this area, give me a buzz. A lot of my friends ride, but none ride crotch rockets (yet). Matter of fact, in June one of them wants me to ride to Nova Scotia with him and his dad! Talk about breaking in the new guy. They both ride BMW's, so I'm not sure if my body can handle nonstop riding for a few weeks. Oh well, I guess I'll find out.

Keep the rubber side down.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Man that could be rough. I'm currently in the process of planning and prepping for my first IBA (IronButt Association) ride, the Saddlesore 1000 on my new ZX6R. That's 1000 miles in 24 hours! I've done 650 miles in 18 hours before so this should be an equal or better challenge! Distance riding can be a bitch depending on how in-shape you are and what the riding position and comfort level on your bike is. Actually I'm looking for some people to make the Saddlesore ride with me later in the spring or early summer. I have one guy in it already with me. He's on a Ninja 500. But I would gladly welcome you to the "team" if you wanna try it out! ;) Otherwise, there is a ride in April starting in Greensburg, IN. (not far from Cinci) and ending in Dry Ridge, KY at the country grill for a nice night of dinner and kicking tires! ;) Let me know if you're interested! Should be a great way for you to meet some serious riders from your area!

- Jon
2001 Candy Lightning Blue ZX6-R

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Sounds like fun. How about you email me, since I look at my email more often than here, and let me know more about some rides you may go on. [email protected] is my hotmail account. Looking forward to seeing a fellow Kawasaki rider. Seems like everyone around here rides harley's........

Keep the rubber side down.[}:)]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.