Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this bike for 2800.00. The guy before me kind of neglected her: worn out clutch, leaking fork seals, bad tires, oil change-who knows, rattle can paint job three diffrent layers (also 3 diffrent colors) on the wheels, over spray here and there. Just no attention to detail. Here are a few pictures, first one before anything (except a good clean up) and the other 3 after. (I will try to post higher resolution pics of the after soon). PLEASE COMMENT!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clutch cover is just polished. It looks great when it is just shined, but....since it is magnesium every time it gets wet it looks like shiiiiieet. So, I have got some stock in mothers polish, and clean it a lot to make it look good.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The coolest mod I have done is getting rid of that stupid looking mirror stay. I got on ebay and got a fairing/mirror stay from an 06 ZZR. It bolted on PERFECTLY! I highly recommend this to all 98-02 zx6r owners. I paid about 75.00 plus shizipping, wasn't too bad. I found others but they were about 130 +. Of course the stealership wanted 200+.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I replaced the rear blinkers by drilling three holes through the back pegs and inserting red LEDs in through the inside of the pegs. Looks awesome at night. They blink fast but, I just have to find the right sized resistor to slow them down. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
yea i polished my engine cases too. everytime they get a lil morning dew on them they turn white. its a pain in my nut sac. but a quick rub and there blingn again. imma chrome them one day

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Put in a taillight integrator this weekend, SUPER QUICK and EASY. Let me know if anyone needs help with this. $11.00 at advance or autozone.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Won a 636 header on ebay 20.00 shipped. Now I just have to find a used high mount and mid pipe that looks hot without spending my life savings.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
The highmount will look awsome, i love mine, i paid $100 in total for my micron highmount and 636 headers, i just stumbled over a dude wanting to get rid of his damn micron and basically gave it to me, so i had complete highmount setup for $100 approx...
Ben

·
Registered
28 Posts
Originally posted by wayfaraway
I replaced the rear blinkers by drilling three holes through the back pegs and inserting red LEDs in through the inside of the pegs. Looks awesome at night. They blink fast but, I just have to find the right sized resistor to slow them down. Any Ideas?
Are you using 12V LEDs or a typical like 2.8-3.2V LED. If using the gay 12V's, you could (A) Put one to two more in the peg if you have room. That should pull the correct current needed or (B) try something like 100 ohm 1/4 watt, you won't need anything bigger than that for sure. Just start with the 100 and work your way back down to nil. Hope that helps ya out.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I put 3 LEDs in each peg, I am running them parallel with the taillight integrator so they blink with the turn signals. They work great.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Put in a taillight integrator this weekend, SUPER QUICK and EASY. Let me know if anyone needs help with this. $11.00 at advance or autozone.
id like to know how you did this..

·
Registered
28 Posts
I figured I would make my own using LEDs. The extra visibility was the main reason I am doing mine. I had a car come screeching to a stop behind me the other day. So I figured wth.[:M9]

·
Registered
28 Posts
for me to make you on or you doing it on your own? Off to work so I will reply around 11ish EST. Jesus I wish I could PM. I can get the posts but waiting 15 days is silly. I mean come on, I just stumbled upon this site, so I have like 10 days left or 11 hell I don't know anyways...ya.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I changed my signals to LED and had the same fast blink problem. I tried to be cheap and just wire a resistor in, but I couldn't find the one I needed. I needed about a 4-5 ohm one, but could only find a 6.8 ohm. It didn't do shit unless I wired two resistors to one light, them it flashed right. I finally got tired of being cheap and started looking for load equalizers online. I found a company called Custom Dynamics that sells a flasher that will work with any signal on the market. It plugs right in just like the stock flasher and works great. It cost me $28.20 total. I would definitely suggest trying one. Oh yeah, that bike looks way better now that it's had a little TLC.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If you add the peg signals in parallel with your regular signals you won't have a resistance problem. I bought 2 packs of 3 "accent LEDs" from auto zone for about 6 bucks each pack. you can put more but I just wanted 3. The hardest thing is getting the holes in the same place on both pegs. Do the right side first, that side has the exhaust hanger and will cause you to insert the bottom LED a lil higher that you would have to on the left side. I made that mistake, but you really can't tell it's like a 1/8" or so. then just run the wires up the hollow part of the peg under the sub frame and to the rear signals.

Now some people use metal set or JB weld to keep the LEDs and the wires in place, I DO NOT RECOMMEND THAT. If your rear passenger kicks one of the bulbs or one burns out (rare but it happens), you will have a job on your hands digging that crap out to replace the bulb. I used white RTV and then used a little gray paint to blend it in with the rest of the peg.

Sorry for the lack of pics, but I am at work.

All in all it was a 13.00-14.00 job.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.