Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My project is going to be started tomorrow in the morning as I get the proper
tools, numerous rattle cans, and clear coat as well. They will come in sum of hefty process of pictures. I don't have batteries at the moment, but will get one along the way.. I do not have photoshop, so I'm resorting for the primitive microsoft paint. IT is lazy quickie of what my 250 projected to look like this. I will take pictures of my ruined fairings before I start sand and paint tomorrow.
I expect the fairings to be back on by monday/tuesday

Heres the sneak preview.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
Cool beans. Are you doing metallic paints or pearl with the white?

Edit: I just re-read that. You're using rattle can paints? If you're going through the effort to sand and prep the plastics why not drop a couple hundred bucks and have someone spray it? I understand you're wanting to stay on the cheap and all... But I'm afraid it's going to look 'off'. The black should come out fine, but the transitions might be weird. Are you sanding EVERYTHING down even the green?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Cool idea...but I think you should do it in straight line instread of the whole piece like that...Look at the Ducati Desmo.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Here is a sweet paint scheme I just found that you could try out. I think I looks pretty sweet and better than painting each faring a different color.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,869 Posts
Here is a sweet paint scheme I just found that you could try out. I think I looks pretty sweet and better than painting each faring a different color.
Yeahhhh...with rattlecans. That's it. That's EXACTLY what he'll do. :Laughing rolling:I have an idea, why doesn't he just rattlecan the damn Sistine Chapel onto his fairings while he's at it? That should be equally as plausible...:D

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
:popcorn::headshake:

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Yeahhhh...with rattlecans. That's it. That's EXACTLY what he'll do. :Laughing rolling:I have an idea, why doesn't he just rattlecan the damn Sistine Chapel onto his fairings while he's at it? That should be equally as plausible...:D
Does it get lonely up there...on your pedestal? :D

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,869 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Maybe after showing him a halfway decent paint scheme along the lines of his idea he would opt out of a crappy paint scheme that might turn out poorly from using rattle cans??? I think his scheme doesnt look very good, especially if the rattle cans dont go so well. Trying to save money is good and all, but if it doesnt turn out well new farings will cost more than a paint job.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,869 Posts
Maybe after showing him a halfway decent paint scheme along the lines of his idea he would opt out of a crappy paint scheme that might turn out poorly from using rattle cans??? I think his scheme doesnt look very good, especially if the rattle cans dont go so well. Trying to save money is good and all, but if it doesnt turn out well new farings will cost more than a paint job.

Well if it doesn't turn out well you can just scuff and respray, man, it doesn't magically ruin the fairings. Plus, did you miss the part where he wrecked, and is sanding and repainting his wrecked fairings? So it's not going to look all that cherry even WITH a good paint job. :dunno:

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
:plusone: for an update!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Anything is possible with use of the force my young skywalker lol :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts