Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy ya'll. I been a member here for awhile but haven't been active for some time.

In the past year I started off riding to Nova Scotia. Nearly 6000 miles round trip in 9 days riding on my home brew scrambler 636. Stayed with a lovely woman in Hali five blocks off the water. I haven't figured out how to change my cam date by the way.

Saw New york, No thanks. Kicked it with a buddy on the six fiddy forum I frequent in the dirty jers as they call it.

Got back, work promoted me to a Smeal operator. Got a wild hair & took off to Myrtle beach one weekend. Like 2800 miles in 53 hours, it was brutal.

Buddy on his Heritage.

Saw my first flat track race & I was hooked.

That's an Anderson engineering framed, Norton Commando powered beast piloted by KK #38 in the GPFTS series. Sexiest bike period!

So I asked the only guy I know, a nutjob in WA state what I should start off on.... He said a XL350 sideport.

I had to cage it damn near to Chicago to get this fine piece of.... Ummm.... Machinery.

Pretty much everything needed rebuilt. If I'd only known how much potential that bike (named 'Buttons', long story) had at the time.

Winter came along & I popped for a set of BST's & a full Hindle frint section on the 636.

I was about done with my frame off '77 KZ650 / GPz750 hybrid. I laced up the wheels from a beemer on front & a trumpet on back. Dualsport tires FTW!

Finally got the hotrod VM26's tuned & smacked a couple valves around. Got that fixed & then she lost fire. Now she's a fishing pole holder in my buddy's garage. :(

By April, I'd pretty much finished Buttons.

Lining up for my third heat. These are all framers with hot motors & the newest guy #44x to my right has been doing this 4 years.

Ended up having a severe top end miss. Still out of that field, I got third!

I made leaps & bounds tuning the chassis.

I've just about got the fueling issue taken care of. With a strong motor I'm hoping to do better next time out.

Come this May, I took off down highway 50 over Monarch pass.

Bought my first set of leathers in Cali!

Ate shit a day later on 155 in the valley!

Stayed with my great friend in Bako. She showed me the most mind numbing twisties & the Pacific.

Safety first, ya know. ;)

I dug my old man's Maxim out of the weeds & started a death bobber build.

Somehow, my closest riding buddy here talked me into selling him my beloved & well traveled 636.

So then I bought a 10!

She's been dubbed 'Fiona'. Dear God I don't need this much bike but I love her already. She won't stay in this form for long. This winter will see a mild build to better suit my needs. For now I'm just gonna enjoy her. I'll lurk around here for a bit of info & some small parts. Ya'll have a good one!

-Sir 'Outlaw' Ray #21a

·
Registered
463 Posts
Nice bikes. How many miles were on the 636 when you sold it?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone.

Nice bikes. How many miles were on the 636 when you sold it?
Last two seasons I ran just an analog tach gauge wise. I figure'd she was well over 30K, never a single problem after being wadded up four times! I didn't ride much, comparatively, the first couple seasons I owned her.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Why is everybody posting about there trips.....all ur doing is pissing me off that I cant do one of these yet.....but nice pics....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts