Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My riding days to work are over. It sounds like bad news but i got assigned an old company vehicle that a former employee was driving. So the bike is staying at home and I feel very odd not riding anymore.

I kinda pissed cuz i just got the bike a few months ago now only to just park it. I want to ride and im trying to find some good excuses to leave the company vehicle at home a day or so every week to ride to work a few times.

List of excuses:
1. Tuesday is Hooters day and all my biker buddies drive to Hooters on two wheels. Plus we get double punch on our Hooter Lunch Punch Card.

·
Registered
349 Posts
My riding days to work are over. It sounds like bad news but i got assigned an old company vehicle that a former employee was driving. So the bike is staying at home and I feel very odd not riding anymore.

I kinda pissed cuz i just got the bike a few months ago now only to just park it. I want to ride and im trying to find some good excuses to leave the company vehicle at home a day or so every week to ride to work a few times.

List of excuses:
1. Tuesday is Hooters day and all my biker buddies drive to Hooters on two wheels. Plus we get double punch on our Hooter Lunch Punch Card.
Just ask someone else if they will drive the vehicle. Honesty is better than excuses.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its not that simple. Im a radio engineer, i take care of radio stations from the studio end to the transmitter site end. Some days bad weather or whatever happens that causes some bad things that need immidiate attention at a transmitter site so its like a company phone, its sticks with you at all times everywhere 24/7

But some days are perfect weather and hopefully nothing happens that needs me driving to a site 50 miles away. So those days, i hope to have an excuse. My boss is cool with that.

·
Premium Member
14,851 Posts
I was just thinking this morning as I got off my bike at work that I hate work a lot less these days...only because I get to ride in each morning. Riding in traffic, rain, heat...doesn't matter. I get to ride every day and that my friends is worth any shit you deal with once you get to the office.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
if your serious....... i know people who could take care of that van for ya..

Just kidding!!!............... unless your serious:D

·
Premium Member
15,930 Posts
I ride every day to work. I need that kick of adrenaline to start my day and to unwind before a get home in the evening.

·
Kawi for Life!
1,610 Posts
whos paying for the gas? that right there could make all the difference.

·
Registered
261 Posts
take it anyways. yeah it sucks that you wont be riding but thats miles you wont be aging your bike or your own car. and hopefully gas money you wont have to spend.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I was just thinking this morning as I got off my bike at work that I hate work a lot less these days...only because I get to ride in each morning. Riding in traffic, rain, heat...doesn't matter. I get to ride every day and that my friends is worth any shit you deal with once you get to the office.
Exactly. When I ride into work it just makes the day feel so much better, its almost as if the fresh air in the morning or night for those nighttime workers just feels so good before you get there.

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
List of excuses:
Ahh, the good ol' tuesday lunch punch card! :D

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
Yea, these times are tough and if gas is free then screw the bike, lol. It will make riding that much more fun on the weekends though, and it will always be something to look forward to.

I can't blame you for wanting to ride the bike though. I am half awake when I drive the car to work, but I pull the bike out in the driveway in the morning, and I'm good to go.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
two

three
Finally, the recognition I deserve... I'd like to thank all the "little" people.. all the droll hum-drum, insignificant nobodies, whose heads I trod upon, who I threw under the bus, and who I generally abused as I clawed my way to the top... etc.

And finally, I'd like to thank MYSELF, for bringing "assholiness" to a new and breathtaking level...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts