Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BW This saturday so I had little time to put everything ready for the race.

Thank god the weather was awesome. Kind of almost enjoyed being in the backyard working on the bike all day.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Originally posted by alor14582
is that a full or a slip on?
It looks like a full system. If you look at the first pic, you'll see the springs holding the headers to the rest of the system.

My question is: why did you keep the license plate on for the track?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Originally posted by kawirider86

maybe he rides it there ;)
Yeah, no lights at all anywhere on the bike but the plate is there!! That's all you need anyway, right? :D

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, it's a full system.

As far as the plate. No one's cared that it's on in the past so I just leave it. Less stuff I have to change to back to street mode.

Oh yeah, don't ever forget to put the O-ring back in when you're changing fuel pumps. Bad stuff.....=D

·
Registered
443 Posts
hey where can i get another o-ring? mine broke! i checked the microfiche and it looks like i'd have to buy a whole new fuel pump:(. would a hardware store have it? if so, do i just ask for a rubber o-ring?

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Damn good looking bike...I just put my street bodywork on as well after taking my track glass off...and getting some repair parts.

Will have the new pics up today after i get my rear wheel sorted out
To bad the weather is totally crap out..oh well

·
Registered
184 Posts
Originally posted by twinturboteddy
Going to Buttonwillow racing CCW. http://www.thetrackclub.com/

My second track day ever. I'm still ridiculously slow though. Not even kidding. But I'm trying!
A years worth of trackdays and you'll be amazed at what you learn. You'll learn not to panic in alot of situations which a normal street rider would prolly crash.. and you'll learn how to go fast by going SLOW.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a question twinturboteddy. What are those covers on your lights? I have seen all track bikes have those covers on their headlights that blend seamlessly into the bike's body. Does it block light from coming out? What is the point of it?

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by desiprinze02
I have a question twinturboteddy. What are those covers on your lights? I have seen all track bikes have those covers on their headlights that blend seamlessly into the bike's body. Does it block light from coming out? What is the point of it?
I may be mistaken, but from my understanding he's running full race fairings.. so there are no headlight covers, and for that matter, no headlights...

Right?

Bike looks GREAT! I've been considering putting some stomp grips on my bike. Mine looks very similar to yours, but a tad less racey. Blue is the fastest. :D

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There are no covers on my lights. Those are race fairings, as they have no holes for lights or any type of glass. The point is race fairings are cheap to replace as stock body is VERy expensive to replace. And when you hit the track there is no point in having glass as they make you tape it all off anyway.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.