Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new spec 1r and I love everything about it. Personally, I was recently worried that it might be too loud; that is not the case at all. IMHO it is not louder than my HJC Raven. I don't need earplugs. The suomy is so much lighter and very comfortable. When I first started riding, I couldn't rationalize why some people would spend the extra hundreds of dollars on a higher end helmet. I know the answer now and I will never go back!

Some pics::





 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,503 Posts
I was the same way before I got my Arai. Now I cant ever go back to another $100 helmet. I wanted a Suomy Dragon, but got a good deal on my Arai, so I am happy.
 

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
Joined
·
8,423 Posts
Originally posted by dmb367
Personally, I was recently worried that it might be too loud; that is not the case at all. IMHO it is not louder than my HJC Raven. I don't need earplugs. The suomy is so much lighter and very comfortable. When I first started riding, I couldn't rationalize why some people would spend the extra hundreds of dollars on a higher end helmet. I know the answer now and I will never go back!
And another one gets it. lol

HJC and KBC really ARE crap...honest! People can love it, and that's fine, and they can think I'm dumb for wanting a comfortable, quiet, turbulent-free, super-leight-weight, well venting, high-quality-optics helmet, but we all know the truth. hehehe It's like wearing a set of Oakleys versus the $2 Chineese ripoffs the guy on the side of the street in Manhattan sells. They both block the sun, yeah, but the $2 ones are crap. It's worth the money (if not for Oakleys, at least for a good quality name-brand pair with nice lenses) for the quality, comfort, and optical clarity.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,853 Posts
Originally posted by alor14582
how does it vent
With little holes.


*ba dum tsch*


thank you thank you, I'll be here all week, tip your waitress....it's fun to watch her flop around on the floor
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
It vents excellent. I always here people saying my helmet keeps fogging. never once had a problem with mine fogging. Love the feel and so light weight. My suomy spec 1r extreme is loud though. But I can still ride it without ear plugs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
Originally posted by motojustin4
It vents excellent. I always here people saying my helmet keeps fogging. never once had a problem with mine fogging. Love the feel and so light weight. My suomy spec 1r extreme is loud though. But I can still ride it without ear plugs.
haha. cute bunny you have on your helmet!:D

my icon mainframe skull lid will eat you for dinner!!![}:)]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by motojustin4
It vents excellent. I always here people saying my helmet keeps fogging. never once had a problem with mine fogging. Love the feel and so light weight. My suomy spec 1r extreme is loud though. But I can still ride it without ear plugs.
man I LOVE the Barros edition, I just couldn't throw the few extra bills . . . [V]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,642 Posts
I definitely want a Suomy..

So the general concensus is that the Spec1-R is good with noise, but the Spec1-R Extreme is too loud for the average person without ear plugs? I've never ridden with plugs before, and I really prefer not to start.
 

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
Joined
·
8,423 Posts
Originally posted by crjbeez


haha. cute bunny you have on your helmet!:D

my icon mainframe skull lid will eat you for dinner!!![}:)]
Well...it's an Alex Barros replica. Alex Barros would eat YOU for dinner. hehe [:p]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
543 Posts
Originally posted by dmb367
I just got my new spec 1r and I love everything about it. Personally, I was recently worried that it might be too loud; that is not the case at all. IMHO it is not louder than my HJC Raven. I don't need earplugs. The suomy is so much lighter and very comfortable. When I first started riding, I couldn't rationalize why some people would spend the extra hundreds of dollars on a higher end helmet. I know the answer now and I will never go back!

Some pics::
suomy is cool......paint however...uh....not 4 me bro
[}:)]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
got my fabrizio through the groupby, im never going back again. Between the graphics and the weight factor i couldnt be happier. I cant get the faceshield to fog up for the life of me, my shoei would fog up as soon as i came to stop.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
Originally posted by ZeRo_C0oL
I definitely want a Suomy..

So the general concensus is that the Spec1-R is good with noise, but the Spec1-R Extreme is too loud for the average person without ear plugs? I've never ridden with plugs before, and I really prefer not to start.
I dunno bro never rode with suomy spec 1-r. Only the extreme, I mean it is not unbearable ive rode all season without ear plugs or anything. But it is noticeable louder than other helmets. BUt not nothing anyone cant handle.
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top