Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
My first bike was the 2003 636 (red). Not enough power. Two weeks into it I wanted the ZX-10R.
About a year later I bought the 2004 ZX-10R (blue). Loved it. All the handling with all the power. My friend bought a 2005 ZX-12R (black) and I put about 1K miles on that.

Recently I had to trade the 10R in for another bike due to a screw up with the Kawasaki Credit card. So I got the 2006 ZX-14 (blue). So far all I can tell you is the bike has nearly no negative aspects. For those who have ridden the 12R, it is a lot like that. Only more refined (clutch, peddle placement, style). Plus of course the much needed power boost.
Also, on thing of note is: Kawi finally got 1st gear right. There is no need for a -1 front sprocket on the ZX-14, as there totally was with the 636 & 10R.
Unless your last name is Rossi, you should not be slowed down in the twisties by the additional weight of the bike (as compared to the 10R). It handles almost effortlessly, very stable.
Being a Kawi lover for 3 years now and owning / riding all of thier best bikes in that time, I have to say, the ZX-14 is the best bike I have ever ridden hands down.
The ZX-14 has the gearing, the low rpm torque, the handling and the styling to make it so much fun to ride on the streets, I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for the best street bike. Of course if all you do is ride on the track the 10R may be a better choice. However, if you are looking to smile everytime you ride to work, the 14 is the best choice. Hope this was helpful.[8D]

·
Registered
230 Posts
i have to agree. i FINALLY went and picked mine up yesterday, put almost 100 miles on it, and i love it. different ride than my 636 but just something to get use to. i got on it once, and it damn sure got some power! just gonna take some gettin use to.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i picked up my 14 about 3 months ago. i have put 3000 miles on it, and it still has the smile factor every time i ride. this machine never fails to amaze me.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I picked the zx-14 over the zx-10 because I like to take long rides in the country. I decided to get a comfortable ride that could still kick ass if needed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I cant tell you how excited I am to get mine. I'm still waiting to hear from my dealer as to when it will be delivered. Please give me your feed back. I have a good friend who owns a dealer here in Washington state and he was just down in Cal with all the other dealers placing thier orders for 2007. He called me to let me know that they are not going to offer the 14 in green :( but they have a limited edition ( and I mean limited they are olny putting out 50 of these). I told him yes I wont one and he just told me today I got number 10 out of 50 (numbered bikes)

:D Pinch me i must be dreaming...

·
Registered
562 Posts
Nice post but have to call BS on the -1 on the front gearing for your 10R! There had to be something wrong with it...mine does not nor never had any issues with that![:p]

·
Registered
36 Posts
How much of a change was it going from a super Sport bike (636 & 10R) to a Sport Touring??? My last 3 bikes were an R1, a Gixxer thou and a 636, but thanks to that deer I hit 2 weeks ago, the 636 is toast. Now I have to find a new 2 wheeled love. I ride aggresively on the street and do some track days each season, so I'm not sure if the 14 will suit me...what do you think? [8D]

Originally posted by danimbk
Hey,
My first bike was the 2003 636 (red). Not enough power. Two weeks into it I wanted the ZX-10R.
About a year later I bought the 2004 ZX-10R (blue). Loved it. All the handling with all the power. My friend bought a 2005 ZX-12R (black) and I put about 1K miles on that.

Recently I had to trade the 10R in for another bike due to a screw up with the Kawasaki Credit card. So I got the 2006 ZX-14 (blue). So far all I can tell you is the bike has nearly no negative aspects. For those who have ridden the 12R, it is a lot like that. Only more refined (clutch, peddle placement, style). Plus of course the much needed power boost.
Also, on thing of note is: Kawi finally got 1st gear right. There is no need for a -1 front sprocket on the ZX-14, as there totally was with the 636 & 10R.
Unless your last name is Rossi, you should not be slowed down in the twisties by the additional weight of the bike (as compared to the 10R). It handles almost effortlessly, very stable.
Being a Kawi lover for 3 years now and owning / riding all of thier best bikes in that time, I have to say, the ZX-14 is the best bike I have ever ridden hands down.
The ZX-14 has the gearing, the low rpm torque, the handling and the styling to make it so much fun to ride on the streets, I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for the best street bike. Of course if all you do is ride on the track the 10R may be a better choice. However, if you are looking to smile everytime you ride to work, the 14 is the best choice. Hope this was helpful.[8D]

·
Registered
155 Posts
I wouldnt think the 14 would be the best choice because it is longer and heavier that the supersports but I am sure it would still be fun, but alittle more work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.