Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Once again I didn't want this topic to end...

The amazing combination of words and photographs made me travel along with you!

THANK YOU for another fantastic journey and description :)
Thank YOU for your kind words and for reacting to it, the greatest pleasure after my trips and the whole point of creating threads like this is to motivate and make fellow riders pack up and follow their dreams :)

·
Registered
2011 Kawasaki ER-6F
81 Posts
Thank you so much for the routes I'll be sure to check them out, I'm going to fly to Hungary for a family visit end of the month, maybe I'll just rent a bike for a weekend, we'll see :)

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thank you so much for the routes I'll be sure to check them out, I'm going to fly to Hungary for a family visit end of the month, maybe I'll just rent a bike for a weekend, we'll see :)
You are welcome, I hope you 'll have a great time, riding or not (y)

I 'll be glad to help with any further questions if necessary.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Logged in to this, opened a beer and enjoyed another amazing travelling experience by GR rider :cool:

Please never stop travelling and always make awesome topics like this so we can travel a bit too (y)

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Logged in to this, opened a beer and enjoyed another amazing travelling experience by GR rider :cool:

Please never stop travelling and always make awesome topics like this so we can travel a bit too (y)
Thank you my friend, I 've been doing this all my life, it never fails as I wrote before. I prefer regreting about things rather than not doing them at all.

The worst kind of prison is the one they put inside our heads.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I loved the pic from Bulgaria where the exhaust headers look like the s curve in the background!

And also the one at the top of Transalpina with the ribbon unfolding in front of the bike.

Great photography, did you upgrade your equipment?

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I loved the pic from Bulgaria where the exhaust headers look like the s curve in the background!

And also the one at the top of Transalpina with the ribbon unfolding in front of the bike.

Great photography, did you upgrade your equipment?
Thanks man, moto touring is the best opportunity to practice photography and different settings. After a while it gets pretty much intuitive to shoot a composition in two or three different settings. I start with full manual mode and my personal understanding of the scene and usually take a snap on landscape or pro mode just in case I messed up something with my settings by mistake. I always shoot raw + jpeg of course, so I can "save" a photo anyway, and usually the manual snap is within 90% of what I want from the scene.

I still have the same lenses, I feel that they still have a lot to offer to my experience, my only new addition is a 2 to 7 adjustable ND filter. Cheap and practical to carry around and I can shoot long exposure scenes up to 3 stops darker :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Excellent presentation GR, I was afraid that maybe this year you would be limited by the circumstances but you managed just fine. Again, I cannot understand how petty and envious people can be, nice writing, pictures and information and not even a pat on the back, good job man, nice trip :( It seems that nowadays bikers own motorbikes like they own toasters - posers and hypocrites, very sad...

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Excellent presentation GR, I was afraid that maybe this year you would be limited by the circumstances but you managed just fine. Again, I cannot understand how petty and envious people can be, nice writing, pictures and information and not even a pat on the back, good job man, nice trip :( It seems that nowadays bikers own motorbikes like they own toasters - posers and hypocrites, very sad...
Always the grouch :D

I am glad you liked the trip, it took you like ten days to respond but I will forgive you :p

Live free and ride!

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's just jealousy, plain and simple, I was jealous too but at least I had the balls to say well done mate. Simple as that.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
So here is the video from the Transalpina Pass, I've included some nice parts where you can feel the beauty of the landscape, the nature and of course the flowing road and the joy of riding :)

For the first minute or so, near the top, the camera angle is kinda low but the rest is fine and in 4K, looks great on a smart tv too, enjoy:

·
Registered
2011 Kawasaki ER-6F
81 Posts
Ah my heart just broke, that's too beautiful, I can't even begin to imagine how heavenly it must've been to have all these roads completely to yourself, not another soul, beautiful weather, fantastic scenery. Definitely a trip that'll stay with you for a lifetime. Seems like I won't be doing it just yet, flight got cancelled due to some sudden new Covid rules lol...

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Ah my heart just broke, that's too beautiful, I can't even begin to imagine how heavenly it must've been to have all these roads completely to yourself, not another soul, beautiful weather, fantastic scenery. Definitely a trip that'll stay with you for a lifetime. Seems like I won't be doing it just yet, flight got cancelled due to some sudden new Covid rules lol...
Thank you so much for your feedback and kind words, I really appreciate it. For some people the covid crisis is a just a good excuse to stay put but not for you too! The situation is constantly changing so there's nothing you can do, be patient and you will hit the road and enjoy a beautiful motorcycle trip eventually! I was frustrated too before the first border opening, your time will come and you will be better prepared and more eager (y)

·
Registered
2011 Kawasaki ER-6F
81 Posts
Thank you so much for your feedback and kind words, I really appreciate it. For some people the covid crisis is a just a good excuse to stay put but not for you too! The situation is constantly changing so there's nothing you can do, be patient and you will hit the road and enjoy a beautiful motorcycle trip eventually! I was frustrated too before the first border opening, your time will come and you will be better prepared and more eager (y)
Didn't say I'm not going anywhere haha, in fact Wales was already in the plans in 2 weeks time, I actually ride about 500-600 miles each week even now but it's terribly difficult to leave the country, quite frankly 100 euros for the eurotunnel + 2 covid tests for 80 euros each that are only valid for a couple weeks make it damn near impossible to have a trip on a budget, I'm still a student so I have to keep my money in check :p

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Didn't say I'm not going anywhere haha, in fact Wales was already in the plans in 2 weeks time, I actually ride about 500-600 miles each week even now but it's terribly difficult to leave the country, quite frankly 100 euros for the eurotunnel + 2 covid tests for 80 euros each that are only valid for a couple weeks make it damn near impossible to have a trip on a budget, I'm still a student so I have to keep my money in check :p
Many nice places in your country indeed, I'd love to see pics or videos when you have the chance to go!

My best motorcycle mate moved to the midlands a few years ago and went to Scotland, Snowdonia and other beautiful places (y)

21 - 40 of 44 Posts