Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Thanks for the luggage info, I will definitely buy a set (y)

Lovely video once more, along with your photographs and description one can really get the feeling and the unique atmosphere of the beautiful places that you choose to visit and ride through. Your videos indeed look almost perfect in 4K on big screen tvs but pretty poor in lower definition. Loading times are also higher in comparison to other channels.
You are welcome, I truly suck at video editing and I always get help in order to publish new videos so I guess it has something to do with algorithms and encoding :rolleyes::D

Also, I think that the more popular a channel is, the bigger the bandwidth allocation from YT and the faster the loading time for the viewer!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just search for "luggage dividers - organisers" on Amazon or simply Google the term, you will find many styles, my tail bag is pretty much square shaped so the large - medium - small format works just fine. You may need to buy two sets for side bags - panniers but don't spend more than 20 quid per set, the quality of the materials and the zippers is just fine around that price point.
I bought a set on Amazon for 19 quid and it works with any shape and size bag or suitcase. Very practical and stupid simple. Thank you.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Trip video ready, a nice part of SS120:

Looks pretty good on 4K TVs :)
GR rider I am looking to buy an action camera and I like how your footage looks. What brand camera do you use when traveling and would you recommend it for amateur weekend use?

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
GR rider I am looking to buy an action camera and I like how your footage looks. What brand camera do you use when traveling and would you recommend it for amateur weekend use?
Hi there, I am using a GoPro knockoff called ThiEye T5 since 2018, you can find stills and more impressions here:

My trip to the mountains of Northern Greece | Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums (kawiforums.com)

It is cheap and very well built with a lot of accessories but for bike use you will definitely need this:

Motorcycle Equipment Helmet Chin Strap Mount For GoPro Hero 9 8 7 5 OSMO Action Xiaomi Yi Action Camera Accessories|Sports Camcorder Cases| - AliExpress

...or any other good quality chin mount (the above is dirt cheap and can be used with almost any type of helmet).

Camera technology has moved on of course and I am sure you can now find improved models but definitely go for native 4k resolution and in-camera vibration reduction for best results!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi there, I am using a GoPro knockoff called ThiEye T5 since 2018, you can find stills and more impressions here:

My trip to the mountains of Northern Greece | Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums (kawiforums.com)

It is cheap and very well built with a lot of accessories but for bike use you will definitely need this:

Motorcycle Equipment Helmet Chin Strap Mount For GoPro Hero 9 8 7 5 OSMO Action Xiaomi Yi Action Camera Accessories|Sports Camcorder Cases| - AliExpress

...or any other good quality chin mount (the above is dirt cheap and can be used with almost any type of helmet).

Camera technology has moved on of course and I am sure you can now find improved models but definitely go for native 4k resolution and in-camera vibration reduction for best results!
Thank you GR rider, I am planning simplicity, a large memory card in order to record constantly and then sorting out the footage via pc - 100 quid is my limit!

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Thank you GR rider, I am planning simplicity, a large memory card in order to record constantly and then sorting out the footage via pc - 100 quid is my limit!
If your target is constant recording, battery power will be your main problem.

You should buy a power bank along with the high-capacity memory card and find a practical way of connecting the mike and the power supply at the same time.

It's either that or alternating between spare batteries every now and then I am afraid!

·
Registered
49 Posts
If your target is constant recording, battery power will be your main problem.

You should buy a power bank along with the high-capacity memory card and find a practical way of connecting the mike and the power supply at the same time.

It's either that or alternating between spare batteries every now and then I am afraid!
All right, I will see what exactly can I afford because a power bank was not included in my initial plan. Thank you again for your help!

61 - 68 of 68 Posts