Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Friday, as I was coming home from work, some idiot in a cage almost hit me as I was merging into a major highway. As I tried to steer away from him I dropped gear and gave gas. Here's where I have to say it was my mental mistake for what happened. When I dropped gear and gave it WOT the bike shot straight up. (My first unintentional 12 O'clock wheelie). As this was happening, since I was steering away from him I must've hit a patch of gravel on the side of the road because I lost control of the bike. I hit the ground hard and my helmet definitely saved my life. (Hope those people who don't wear helmets are reading this clearly) As I got up from the ground the bastard that almost hit me looked at me and kept going. He didn't even have the decency to stop and see if I was OK.
So now I'm out of commission until I can get the parts for my bike that were damaged.
Here is a list of the parts just in case you guys know of someone that is parting out theirs.

http://bronxdos.tripod.com/Parts_list.htm

Any help would be appreciated.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Shit man, thats horrible. Hope you came out alright. One thing i hate about bikes is they're too small and people ignore them. We need a bad ass horn or maybe a canned fog horn or something. On the bright side, you learned you can pull wheelies in whatever gear you were in. I can only get them up in 1st. Good luck on everything bro. I'll look around for parts for ya. Peace

Chris

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
[:0]Damn cyber, that sucks. Glad to hear you're ok though, and I hope you get the bike back together soon. At least the riding season is almost over, and you have a few months to get parts together. Let me know if you need anything.

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was coming from the Cross-Bronx and merging on to the Major Deagan going north.
Here's some of the damage:
Generator Cover, Stator and Flywheel.

Gear Shifter

Tail Section

Upper Fairing & Stay

Front Wheel

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks minor but It's supposed to cost me $1,678. That's not counting the fairings[V]
Ebay here I come!

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
HOLY SHIT. I would hunt that bastard down and make his insurance pay for it. It's times like these I wish I owned my own bike shop.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
freaking sucks...also sucks how such minor looking damage costs so much to fix:(
good to hear you're ok...isn't there some way the other guy was at fault and then you could get his insurance to pay for it?

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe if he would've stopped! But since he didn't, I'm screwed.:(

·
Registered
363 Posts
Sorry to hear, glad you are allright. I know its hard but the best thing to do is be patient and wait for good deals on this site and Ebay.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Sorry to hear that Cyber. Looks like you came out a little worse off than I did. I busted my stator cover but my stator and flywheel were ok. My peg bracket broke in the same spot and my tail looked exactly like yours. But I didn't bust my wheel or ruin my nose. I got the cover, tail, taillight, bracket all for just over $350 from e-bay. It took almost 2 weeks to get them. It can be very hard bidding up there w/ just a damned phone line. You can find a taillight from clearalternatives for about $55. Cycletherapy has the stator cover and foot bracket(about $150 combined). The fairings I would definitely bid on though. The flywheel and stator I would try to get from a cycle salvage if there is one close to you. The rim is also a definite bid item.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Sorry to hear about your wreck, but I am glad your ok. Some fn' cagers should be shot for their actions, especially when they see you go down and bolt.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
i have a race tail for sale. check the classified ads.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Sorry to hear about your wreck, just glad to see you came out O.K.

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well thanks to PSCZX6R, I got almost all the parts I needed. I am still looking for the left rearset though. That is the only item left and then I'm back out there once my leg heals. Probably gonna go look for that Volvo!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Hey Cyber...

That rim of yours, is it bent, or just scraped?
I'm looking for a rim for a project for my hawk, and might be willing to slip you a couple bucks for yours if you're not asking too much. Unless you were planning on tossing it, and I'll take it off your hands...

BC.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.