Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I have a question and I am hoping you can help me.

We purchased my bike a month ago and the po had the service done on it. Valves oil etc etc. We have put maybe 500 miles on it and no the valves are ticking real loud. It has never done that before.

Could you tell me if this is normal or if maybe the valves need adjusting again.

It hasn't been over heated, the oil level is fine and it has been mainly used for me to learn to ride so not much hard riding done on her since we have gotten her. The service people said she was in great shape and there was nothing wrong with her. (they had no financial gain to tell me that as it was a private sale the guy just wanted to have the service done as hubby was going to be riding her 150 miles to get her home)

Thanks in advance have a great one and ride safe
Deedee

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
either the previous owner lied to you or the person who did it didnt do it to spec maybe... I believe you adjust it on the 250 like every 3k miles if ridden hard so try checking it yourself if you have the tools and see if its off at all pretty easy to get to theres a whole article on how to do a valve adjustment at www.ninja250.com good luck

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. We picked the bike up from the service department as we ended up staying over night for them to clean the carbs as they were all gunked up. We are going to be tearing it apart to check everything as long as its not to windy here don't want to add drt to the list lol.

Have agreat one and ride safe
Deedee

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got her fixed it was the camshaft tensioner?? But anyway he took it out and cleaned it and put it back and she is purring like a kitten again. YAY I CAN RIDE AGAIN[:p]

Have a great one and ride safe
Deedee

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.