Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
I wouldnt hate it,.... if its done clean! Just a few tips though:
1) that Head Unit (HU) isnt waterproof and will prob cook with just a bit of water in it. Easy to steal, with a HU removal tool you can pop out the HU in minutes. Also those are fused at 10 Amps, that could be a big strain on a little alternator.
2) Consider using an MP3 player with an FM reciever. MUCH smaller!
3) Get a small automotive amp to run it, something with speaker level inputs. Maybe an amp from a goldwing.

I think the most important parts are that it needs to be waterproof, small, and draw little current. look at audio components for boats.

Also, when you wire up the +12 volt power, put a mid-sized diode inline (and a fuse). That will keep a short in the HU from cooking electronics on the bike.

keep on being an innovator! if its what you want, go for it!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I have already tested it with a fuse of course it is working fine I doubt that it will be too much power.... What head unit is useful without a faceplate since its detachable.... I have an ipod and that will mostly be what I am using... I have done the i pod and headphones and I cant hear shit other than music with speakers I can still here some stuff plus its just so much easier instead of fighting with all that which I did for 2 years

21 - 23 of 23 Posts