Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shtanks,

Looks good. That undertail rocks. Bike is nice and clean. Looks like those flush mounts came out rear nice.

We got a few guys here with yellow bikes and they all come out real clean. I wonder why the yellow bikes didnt get yellow rims?

The exhaust is clean too.

As an idea, might want to change the grips to some with yellow in them.

-Flash

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, my GF is standing over my shoulder. And guess what, she wants to get her two cents in.

She thinks a black windscreen would look better and also make the frame sliders black as well.

LOL, sorry man, if I didn't post what she thought she said she wouldn't make dinner. [:0]

-Flash

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well I'm pretty stoked about it. I got this couple weeks completely stock and I've since upgraded a whole bunch of part. I just did the last screw about half hour ago and now I'm ready to display my baby.
/forum/uploads/shtanks/101-0182_img.jpg

/forum/uploads/shtanks/101-0183_img.jpg

/forum/uploads/shtanks/101-0184_img.jpg

Here the mods I've done to it so far:

-New blue (brighter) headlight bulbs
-Flush mount front turn signals (LED)
-Frame Sliders
-Yellow double bubble windscreen
-Two Bros racing exhaust
-Undertail with rear turn signals integrated (LED)
-LED taillight
-Targa Hugger
-...and a few minor mods like mount for radar detector, kaw sticker for gas cap.

I did it all myself which for me is impressive being that I've never worked on a motorcycle prior to this. Took a while but learned a lot and now I'm ready to go out on the street.
Tell me what you guys think.

--Shtanks

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
holy crap that is a freakin awesome bike. i like the gas cap cover from planetsuperbike. everything seems to blend perfectly. but yeah, black frame sliders would look even better. you should also try one of these, but in yellow.
/forum/uploads/NinjaRider/lk53001125.jpg

/forum/uploads/NinjaRider/bk53001125.jpg

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Nice nice, I agree on the windscreen though, I have a light smoke dbl bbl on my yellow '01 and i love the look of it. The '02's didn't come with yellow rims! AH! the Shame! that's like not offering a bike in Kawi Green!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Looks damn good! Did you grind down the body to install the front flush mounts? I think the windscreen and sliders could go each way, it'll still look good.

·
Registered
448 Posts
awesome looking bike man. i agree about teh frame sliders though black would look good, and also a black mirrored windscreen would be sweet.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
my all yellow 01 looks real good with a yellow/black color scheme. i would chnage out that yellow screen and yellow frame sliders to black ones. can you post a pic up of the hugger from a side view.

im thinking about getting a black, carbon, or yellow hugger. im leaning toward the yellow one however. thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Sweet sweet sweet!
I second or third or whatever...the Windscreen thing. Beside that it looks freakin awesome!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks everyone.
Yeah, for those front turn signals I had to do a little grinding with my drumel. I was hesitant at first in getting because of that but I realized its going to be covered up anyway and dont plan to change back to stock ever again. I also used some Epoxy to make sure they don't fall off. The tape it came with was absolutely horrible and couldnt even stick on unless you put pressure.
Hey arturo3rd....here some more pics of the hugger for ya....
/forum/uploads/shtanks/102-0204_img.jpg
/forum/uploads/shtanks/102-0205_img.jpg

·
Registered
545 Posts
Nice looking ride man... ditto what everyone else said ... I messed around w/ color matching the intake and front fender skirts on mine and am pleased with the clean look ( /forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7121 )

·
Registered
192 Posts
Nice bike. I agree w/ the others that a contrast (i.e. black double bubble & sliders) would look good. However, again, it looks good as is.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Great looking bike. I should like it seeing as mine is just like it :D. I put a dark smoke windscreen on mine and love the way it looks. And I've put a yellow hugger on too. I love the way my bike looks and when I see yours it makes me want to run down to the garage and tell her she's sexy.

Whoa, got a little carried away. Great looker!!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I really like the bike alot, I would probably change the yellow screen into a tinted one though of even stay clear, I think that would looks a tad better, ofcourse everyone has there own taste..

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
check out the seat covers they have on ebay. it makes your bike look like it has a solo seat cowl and the color matches very close. only 50 for both. i recommend them for the yellow bike ownes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.