Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Why are people so anxious to show off pics of their (mostly) stock bikes or ones with the same mods everyone else does? We all know what a 6R looks like with flushmounts, a slip-on and a fender eliminator. Just like the hundreds of other ones on here. Do something different or seriously custom and then post a pic. Not ranting at the OP so much as the whole community here. I just don't get it...

·
Registered
376 Posts
Originally posted by garry
Why are people so anxious to show off pics of their (mostly) stock bikes or ones with the same mods everyone else does? We all know what a 6R looks like with flushmounts, a slip-on and a fender eliminator. Just like the hundreds of other ones on here. Do something different or seriously custom and then post a pic. Not ranting at the OP so much as the whole community here. I just don't get it...
Why are people on this forum so quick to be an ass. Some people post pics of their bike because they want ideas...others post pics because they are proud of whatthey just dropped $9,000.00 on. Me peronally...I enjoy seeing other people's bikes. It allows me to get ideas.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I agree with both garry and cmk. Same pics over and over, but we're all proud of our rides and want to show them off. I like seeing other people's bikes as well, we all know the standard mods and what they'll look like on the bikes, but each one is unique to a certain person - the owner of it.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I think it's mostly a matter of needing to share the excitement. To most of us it's just some turn signals and chopped off mudflap, yet to the original poster these are the coolest mods ever, because they're HIS FIRST mods. Sort of like my 2 year old running up to me with eyes lit up "Dada, I pee-peed in the toilet!"

·
Registered
759 Posts
Originally posted by cmk827

Why are people on this forum so quick to be an ass.
I guess I'm just a grumpy old fart. Anyone with a pile of dead presidents or a credit card can spend money on a bike and do the same mods everyone else does. Maybe I just forget what's it like to be young and having a new/nice motorcycle is a big deal.

I don't really give a crap about my bike. I like it, but it's just a tool. A means to an end. I bought it to ride it, not as a way to spend money on useless bling. Post about track days, or riding techinque, or doing a weekend trip full of great twisty roads in the mountains. That's the stuff to get excited about IMO.

·
Registered
71 Posts

Maybe I just forget what's it like to be young and having a new/nice motorcycle is a big deal.
I think there's where the problem lies:D

P.S. When I don't want to read about a certain thing that starts to get on my nerves , I just don't click that topic, you should try it out ;)

·
Registered
376 Posts

I guess I'm just a grumpy old fart. Anyone with a pile of dead presidents or a credit card can spend money on a bike and do the same mods everyone else does. Maybe I just forget what's it like to be young and having a new/nice motorcycle is a big deal.

I don't really give a crap about my bike. I like it, but it's just a tool. A means to an end. I bought it to ride it, not as a way to spend money on useless bling. Post about track days, or riding techinque, or doing a weekend trip full of great twisty roads in the mountains. That's the stuff to get excited about IMO.
I agree. I also love seeing pics of rides through the mountains (especially since I live in Fl), but it's ok to have a nice looking bike while riding through the mountains!!

And if you don't give a crap about your bike that sucks. I take a lot of pride in my bike because I worked hard to pay for it and the parts I put on it. I'm only 25, but man I hope I don't feel the same way as you in 20 years!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No man it's an illegal plate, but it looks good!
What are those rear indicators you have on your bike they look kinda stubby, where can I get them?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.