Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres another picture of that first hose./forum/uploads/shtanks/hose_1a.jpg

Thanks a lot guys. Appreciate much for any input.

·
Registered
303 Posts
the long hose goes to the back of the bike and yes its an overflow.. the hose sits in a hole in the fender... look under you will see it.. the other one from the tank is an overflow.. just hang it down by the swingarm/shock area..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well since I got a new undertail, there would be no damage in shortening the coolant overflow hose and the tank overflow hose would there?
Thanks by the way.

Christophe

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet. Thanks.
Hey another quick question. On the taillights. Just want to make sure.....the blue wire is the running light wire, is that correct?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I'm pretty new with bikes and I figured what better way to learn them then by taking them apart myself. I have an 02 ZX6R (of course). Well now Im in the process of putting it back together and I've come upon two hoses I'm not too quite sure on.
The first one I'm not sure where the source is but it passes by the oil compartment (by the left fairing)and comes out of where the black storage box (where the battery and wiring is). It's pretty long and so im thinking it went further up into the fender. I got an undertail and did it myself. Im thinkin its an overflow for the cooling system./forum/uploads/shtanks/hose_1.jpg

The second hose comes from the gas tank. Its clamped in right in front of the front seat. I'm thinking its a hose to not create a vacuum in the fuel tank. If you guys got an idea where they go it would help a lot. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
That first pic, that is an over flow hose. It used to hang out of the bottom of the fairing about 3/4 of the way up the back end of the bike on the left side of the bike.

When I put my undertail on I shortened that hose about 6 inches and if runs out between the frame and plastic undertail section. I've never seen any fluid come out of it. I wanted to make sure it didn't drip on the chain.

The second hose no clue.

-Flash

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.