Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a mystery. After I had Cycle Gear replace the rear tire I found this spacer inside the sprocket side bearings. I discovered it when I was unable to mount the wheel with the parts (circled in diagram) that I originally set aside. The factory parts that are circled in the picture all match up with the exception of this mystery spacer. The axle fits through this extra spacer and the spacer does fit inside the bearing like a factory part. I paid close attention when removing the rear wheel keeping all parts in sequence. Cycle Gear says it is not their spacer. The wheel bolts up clean. Spins, no hops, no shakes on stand. However, I am reluctant to ride it until I know for sure this mystery part is not mine. Can anyone ID this spacer as a part of the 00’ rear axle?

nofear058 has attached this file: spacer_2.jpg

nofear058 has attached this file: spacer_1.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
It goes behind the sprocket hub.......into the bearing.Longer portion sliding into the bearing itself.

As the pic "spacer 2.jpg" denotes......the letter G points to a seal and a bearing, just to the right is said spacer.......if it went in backwards(short side in) then there would be too much of it's body left out and would hold the hub out too far and thus you would not be able to put the wheel back on.

??
Does that help??

Jason

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jason,
Thanks for the quick reply. That factory part in the diagram is internal to the hub. The seal & bearings and c-clip were not removed on either side on the hub. I asked Cycle Gear if they tore down the hub for any reason. They did not. Outer seal & bearings are perfectly intact and the axel sleeve is in place as should be.
It still remains a mystery to me. If anyone has their rear wheel dropped, please let me know if this mystery part goes anywhere between the swingarm and the outside hub (sprocket side). Thanks guys

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.