·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done any of the following to their Z1's:
NOS?
Extended swingarm?
Lowered?

I get my Z on 12/04/06 from S.C. and I've been thinking of ways to mod it. Any suggestions, comments other than the usual aesthesic add-ons. Also, any reviews of the Z's handling, power, etc... 'cause I've actually never even seen one while running, much less rode one.

·
Registered
140 Posts
are you planning on drag racing the Z? do a search and you will find alot more info, both on this site and z1000.net.

if so, then go for it, i heard the stock engine can handle a 30 shot, but dont take my word for it. personally I like the Z as a canyon carver, but with the mods you listed it could be a good drag bike.

are you buying used? they go pretty cheap, good deal no matter what your gonna use it for.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i'd like more info from personal experience on this as well. It'd be nice to have a twisties bike and be able to go to the drag strip and run low 10s!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nah, i didn't go used but i didn't buy new(sorta) I bought a brand new '03 leftover for $5700. I was going to go the canyon carving route, but I decided I'd wait till I just bought a supersport. So now I've turned my ambitions to making a show and go bike (Emphasis on the GO!!!) I will put Nos on it, probably for my birthday, but it won't be any dry shot crap, it'll be direct multi-port injection. I'll see how it handles the power b4 I extend or lower.

i was thinking a thirty shot would be plenty anyway, but building the engine sounds like fun too.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Here's a thread on NOS http://www.riderforums.com/showthread.php?t=23101&highlight=nos

& Superchargers on Z1000's http://www.riderforums.com/showthread.php?t=22371&highlight=supercharger

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.