Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's EX-500 needs new tires. It currently has Dunlop K591 tires (130/80-16 rear and 100/90-16 front). No real complaints about these tires, just looking for something better. Milage is not a consideration, my wife only rides the bike 1,000 miles a year. The tires need to be replaced because of age not wear. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I also liked the BT45's...they are decent sport touring rubber that offered pretty nice grip...

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Give the Pirelli Sport Demons a try.
100/90-16 and 130/90-16 sizes.
Great stick and decent wear from what I hear from the various Ninja 500 boards out there.

BC.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for everyone's responses. We'll take a look the websites for Bridgestone, Pirelli and Dunlop. One of the problems with olders bikes is tire selection.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I posted a video in the Newbie Corner of a guy riding an EX250 with GT501's. If that doesn't convince you that they're sticky then I don't know what will! I'm not sure about the kind of mileage they get, though... but I'm sure it's pretty good. Good luck and I hope you find a good deal, too.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
i was wondering what tires that guy was using, impressive...

and I wouldn't think you'd get really bad milage out of any tire for the ex250, since it shouldn't eat tires like the bigger bike would...

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
As you can see, he was very old. This guy made all these fools on this board look like posers. The guy was a rider, straight up. He rode through the rain, sleet, and snow storms of upstate N.Y. until he passed. If that's not a rider then I don't know what is!

He didn't get to post often because he only had access to a computer at the public library. I'm sure that you, as well as everyone else who read his posts, benefited from his amazing technical expertise.

Rest in peace, CB360MAN.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.