Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i am doing all my searching on lightweight items i can get on the 636 and have been watching these with a wary eye, waiting on some feedback from others.
They supposedly are pretty amazing and have more CCA to boot.
Guy i know has one on his 1098 and it just works better than the stock YTZ14.
a little pricey compared to a stocker, but pending its life cycle a good investment.

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myProducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=915%7CBatteries%20and%20Battery%20Accessories&productID=6814&showDetail=1&categoryID=915|Batteries%20and%20Battery%20Accessories&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
yeah, I've been eyeing the Speedcell batteries. If they will warranty them for one year then I might consider trying it out

- Pulse discharge @ 10 seconds = 240 Amps
- Continuous discharge (MAX) = 140 Amps
- Cycle Life (DoD spec) = 1,000 cycles

- Dimensions = 10.5cm (L) x 5cm (W) / 4.13" (L) x 1.96" (W)
- Weight = 766.57g / 1.69lbs
- Rating = 4.6Ah
- Applications = 750cc to 1400cc w/ stator

The battery does not require a "tender". It only loses 1% capacity per month.
It is not uncommon to start a bike after leaving the bike unattended for 3-4 months with this battery.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
yeah, I've been eyeing the Speedcell batteries. If they will warranty them for one year then I might consider trying it out

- Pulse discharge @ 10 seconds = 240 Amps
- Continuous discharge (MAX) = 140 Amps
- Cycle Life (DoD spec) = 1,000 cycles

- Dimensions = 10.5cm (L) x 5cm (W) / 4.13" (L) x 1.96" (W)
- Weight = 766.57g / 1.69lbs
- Rating = 4.6Ah
- Applications = 750cc to 1400cc w/ stator

The battery does not require a "tender". It only loses 1% capacity per month.
It is not uncommon to start a bike after leaving the bike unattended for 3-4 months with this battery.
"It only loses 1% capacity per month" but depending on application correct?
For instance, my cousins bone stock gsxr600 was left unattended for 3-4 months and fired up easily, whereas my zx6r failed to start after 2 weeks of inactivity because I had the scorpio armed and lojack in there.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
dont know how you guys do it.. id go insane.. I go nuts if I dont ride at least once a week..lol
well yeah, i absolutely agree, but he's in a tough spot. He doesn't have any protection on his bike, nor does he have proper attire for the cold weather, so he's forced to leave it in his garage during the winter.

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
dont know how you guys do it.. id go insane.. I go nuts if I dont ride at least once a week..lol
:confused:

I ride my bike everyday all year round. I was just quoting their website

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah looks like something that can be worthwhile especially if no tender and you cant ride daily, weekly or even sometimes a month.
Not even going into the weight drop and this may fit under the oil pan with some modding...i feel a project coming on

did it on my Rc51 with a lighter battery did indeed aid in turn in

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hell yeah, how is this for being a guniea pig on you.....
can you say this battery with some other weight dropping mods?
i am on a hard set goal to drop 30lbs myself and my bike to lose another 15lbs
and most of that is unsprung weight.
will be doing a full write up of where i am now with the bike with a new dyno sheet before i go into everything.

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
awesome. I dropped my personal weight already, now onto the bike. man I want some magnesium wheels....bad

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
screw magnesium, CF all the way!

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
Oh I'm all about the Blekstones....but the cost...ouch.

I could get the mags and a TTX :D for the same

·
Registered
158 Posts
are u in germany with ur bike? did u do the nurbergring?

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i ended up in Italy, but was to be in Germany and would be at the ring this spring and other times int he year.
Now it is maybe 8 hour dirve there, so i am not ruling out a trip there.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
NO DonT DO IT!

seriously though if you want i would rather send you a full write up and thoughts on an email as it would be truly indepth and very insitefull.
can have it for you this weekend no problem.

yeah batteries are out of stock, but i have my name on the list FOR THIS BATTERY!

·
Registered
618 Posts
hell yeah, how is this for being a guniea pig on you.....
can you say this battery with some other weight dropping mods?
i am on a hard set goal to drop 30lbs myself and my bike to lose another 15lbs
and most of that is unsprung weight.
will be doing a full write up of where i am now with the bike with a new dyno sheet before i go into everything.

yesss! your the first person ive heard talking about saving weight on a bike/car, and then actually loosing weight yourself. i dont know how many times ive seen fat @$$ guys get into drag cars that have had every bit of weight removed from the car.

true dedication

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
man i am a BIG Guy by nature, when i drop down to 220lbs i look pretty damn thin...
so that is the goal: been eating better, no alcohol or empty calories, doing more cardio and weights as usual.

Kinda sucks but, nothing in life is free (normally)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts