Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, what is the biggest tire I can fit on the back of my 05 kawi zx6r636....

I would like to extend the swing arm 6", using extensions, and would like to put a fat tire on the rear, maby a 200, will it fit in the stock swing arm?

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
daily ride, drag, crusing, and showing the bike.

here is a pic of the bike, i want to lower it 3-4",streach it 6", and fit a bigger tire on the back inbetween the stock swingarm.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WHY IS THIS QUESTION SO HARD TO GET AN ANSWER TO?

·
Registered
757 Posts
Would 300 size be satisfactory?

http://www.tracdynamics.com/

You'll notice they don't make these kits for anything under 1000cc. Hmm, I wonder if there's a reason for it... Anyway, I'm sure you can figure out a way to make it work. Take it to your local welder or something.

............to answer your question, you might be able to squeeze a 200 on the stock rim..........it won't look like a 200 though. It will be as wide as the distance between the rim lips will allow. All the excess will bow out into a taller profile. Have fun.

P.S. Here's a better solution. Just buy this already:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004...8QQihZ014QQcategoryZ50030QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, so ill stick with the 190. so what size chain have people been using with 6" extensions?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Originally posted by slam150
WHY IS THIS QUESTION SO HARD TO GET AN ANSWER TO?

Because it's a fucking rediculous thing to do. Most people with 600's (that aren't drag racers) realize that, so they can't (or won't) help you. Talk to the idiots on stretched chrome 'busas driving them daily, I'm sure they can help you ruin your bike [8D]

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yo, its your fuckin oppinion if i am ruining my bike, but if its not what you like or want to do then fuck off, i asked for help, not a lecture.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Originally posted by slam150
yo, its your fuckin oppinion if i am ruining my bike, but if its not what you like or want to do then fuck off, i asked for help, not a lecture.

You came in all caps wondering why nobody had answered your question like everyone who didn't tell you was an asshole, and I told you the reason - it's that simple.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Why try wrestling such a big tire on a stock rim for showing? Man the biggest thing you could do on a show bike is some nice hoops. As for the chain your gonna have to make it probably. thats a pretty drastic slam too. Seriously the bike is not going to be very fun to ride or manuever with that much drop. There are sooo many customizing options available for this model of bike its crazy....It's really not too difficult to set your ride apart from the next without gettting really extreme and rendering a very well built platform to uselesness. In closing however i am a firm supporter of the " it's your ride" statement. Good luck man throw some pics up if it happens.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.