Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready for a new suit and I can't decide between Alpinestars Vector $854.00 , Motogp Titanium $820.00 or Motogp compression (kangaroo hide)!!
Any opinions and personal experience is very welcome, both sound like great suits but I have nowhere local to look at them. Thanks

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Well. They aren't sold as MotoGP over here, but as Arlen Ness or Berik. Mine is a 2005 Arlen Ness kangaroo model. I've been pretty satisfied so far, with two crashes and some 30 days on the track with it. I increased somewhat in size ([:I]) for this season as well, and they have stretched to acommodate my new form, yet weren't loose at any point in time.

The only negative side I can think of is that since the innermost layer is loose, removable, washable and whatnot, it also tends to stick to sweaty skin, so it's not so easy to remove the suit without assistance. Of course, that might be because of my slightly wider frame as well. Sorry if this is too much information [:eek:)]

I think it's a great suit, and would buy another just like it in a heartbeat. I've never used A-stars though, but I doubt they differ very much from Dainese or some of the other brands. From what I've seen of fellow riders, before and after crashes, the kangaroo suits do not compare unfavorably.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The compression sounds like a good suit but i wish i could find a sizing chart somewhere. I wear a 42 US in Joe Rocket but some companines differ in sizing. I wish more people would tell me reasons for their votes[?] But every vote is welcome because I want to be happy with what I spend my money on! Thanks to all

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice Suit! Looks like the one I'm considering. How do you like the kangaroo compared to cowhide? Noone seems to like the Motogp Titanium so I guess Compression is the one for me!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Originally posted by jpsc636
Nice Suit! Looks like the one I'm considering. How do you like the kangaroo compared to cowhide? Noone seems to like the Motogp Titanium so I guess Compression is the one for me!
This is my first track suit, but If I were to compare the kangaroo material to my street cowhide leathers.....The kangaroo material seems lighter and more pliable. It conforms to the body well, and it's perforated, which is a must unless you want to have heat stroke. Nevertheless you will be hot as hell anyway, so the holes will provide much needed circulation while on the track. Also I believe this particular suit exceeds US safety requirements, and makes the cut for German standards as well. In summary..it's a nice affordable, fuctional race suit that is comforable and offers great skid protection( so they say)..and has the evil eyes!!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I ended up paying a little more and bought a Teknic Speedstar roo-suit and it was the best move I could've made!! This suit is just badass, with an actual air-hump that has an intake and diffusers to put air to your back, and a mighty-7 inner suit included! Oh, and a no B-Shit back protector! This thing is more comfortable than my gym clothes! Retail is $1600.00 and I got it for $795.00, pretty sweet deal.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Originally posted by jpsc636
Well I ended up paying a little more and bought a Teknic Speedstar roo-suit and it was the best move I could've made!! This suit is just badass, with an actual air-hump that has an intake and diffusers to put air to your back, and a mighty-7 inner suit included! Oh, and a no B-Shit back protector! This thing is more comfortable than my gym clothes! Retail is $1600.00 and I got it for $795.00, pretty sweet deal.
Sweet deal man...post a picture when you get a chance

·
Registered
139 Posts
I am looking at the Titanium suit. I had a roo suit and it was beautiful and lightweight.............but it did not crash as well as my inexpensive thick cowhide Kobe. Unfortunately both suits have had several repairs........I like the reinforced metal shoulders, elbows and knees............I have patches on both my suits in these areas. I looks like the trend is to put at least plastic externally in these areas anyways now.

I understand that the Kangaroo suits are just as strong as the cowhide ones with less thickness............but my problems were the abrasions from skidding along the track. The thicker cow hide is my choice no doubt.

[8]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.