Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 ZX-6R and i have about 9700 miles...
PWR mods are: FULL SYSTEM MUZZY AND PC3 USB

At 10,000 miles, this is what ill be doing..

*Change Oil / Filter
*Spark Plugs
*Tires (F/R) w/ balancing
*Brakes (F/R) Resurface Rotors
*Wash bike....

Can anyone tell me if there is anything else i should do thats not in the KAWI MANUAL??? LIKE adjustments, or anythink you could thing of that you did to your KAWI and it really made a difference..

If yall remembered my last post (HEAD SHAKING) i decided to see if New Tires and balance would fix the problem.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Don't forget the air filter! Mine was very dirty at 9300 miles and I'm glad I didn't wait until 12k miles, like manual suggests.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
LOL.. Hopefully your 10k wash wont be the first time...

Clean and lube your chain if you hane not done it recently.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Do not resurface your rotors. They will never be the same and you'll be lucky if they don't knock them off paralell. It is not recommended anywhere by any manufacturer. I did it years ago after running a set of brakes to the steel backing and wound up throwing the disks away because they pulsed horribly after. Just scuff them up with some emory paper on a block of wood.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Originally posted by Greenvetter
Do not resurface your rotors. They will never be the same and you'll be lucky if they don't knock them off paralell. It is not recommended anywhere by any manufacturer. I did it years ago after running a set of brakes to the steel backing and wound up throwing the disks away because they pulsed horribly after. Just scuff them up with some emory paper on a block of wood.
[:+1] No need to resurface motorcycle rotors. Scuff them up as suggested and check the runout (make sure they aren't warped) and that is it.

As for the headshake, did you ever retorque the steering stem nut?

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
44,978 Posts
Originally posted by 6RracerMP
Check your chain tension, pop it up on a rear-stand and check the tension all the way around the chain. If the chain is tighter in some spots than others then its time for a new chain.
Chains always have a "tight" spot and a "loose" spot but that doesn't mean it needs changed. If so, you'd be replacing your chain all the time. Though 10K miles may or may not be time. I usually get more miles out of my chains. I thought the best indicator was to measure a length of chain, say 10 links. The manual gives you the distance range the length should be and if your measurement is longer than that, the chain has stretched out of tolerance and it's time for a new chain.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Getting the throttle bodies sync'd might be a wise idea. That's part of the 7500 mile service ("engine vacuum balance" or something like that in the Fuel System section).

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
sparkplugs
airfilter
Re-sync TB's
check for leaks
chain servicability
check for loose nuts and bolts, especially radiator hoses
oil change with filter
check pads as well, you might be suprised how the pads are doing, depending on how you ride
change brake fluid
might consider changing the fork oil

I normally dont let anything stay stock long enough to have to do this...Oh well have some fun

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
NGK CR9E. Anything fancy is probably a waste of money, especially if you keep up on your maintenance.

--David

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.