Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY GUYS AND GALS,
I JUST GOT MY BIKE BACK FROM THE SHOP AFTER MY LAY DOWN, AND INSURANCE COVERED EVERYTHING BUT 200 BUCKS AND NOW THE SHOP NOR THE INSURANCE COMPANY WANTS THE OLD PARTS. ONE I MIGHT ADD IS THE FRAME, I FOUND OUT THE ONLY REASON THEY CHANGED THE FRAME WAS BECAUSE OF 3 HAIRLINE SCRACHES. SO WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK? SHOULD I BUILD UP ANOTHER BIKE WITH PARTS OFF EBAY? OR SELL THE FRAME AND OTHER PARTS ON EBAY? TELL ME WHAT YA'LL THINK?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Or you could look at it as having a second bike to stunt on, if your into it. I'd like to have a second one, but for the track:D.

·
Registered
558 Posts
it all depends on what you'd rather do with it. would it be worth it to you to build another bike or would you rather have really cool shit for ur ride?

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
i'd try sell the parts but it might be hard to sell the frame cause of the cracks. plus if u did sell u cold have more money to buy a second hand bike for less than it would cost to buy all the parts to rebuild

·
Registered
70 Posts
So wait... they replaced the frame? I always thought that if the frame was damaged the bike was gone. I was under the assumption that the frame is what carried the VIN number...

Someone explain this to me!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
yea u can get a new frame and since they don't have numbers on them u take the old ones and put em on the new frame(as long as the bike isn't written off). that's what i did and it was legal

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey thanks for the comments guys,
jay....there isnt any cracks in it, the shop told me that the frame needed to be replaced because of the scraches in it. because there is a lean on the bike.
spartan...yeah the vin is engraved on my old one, the new one has no vin stamped on it at all.

so if i were to sell it whats a good price?

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
new sells for 1100 cdn so sell for half or less. so what ever u paid in U.S. half. hard part will be a buyer

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.