Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a '94 ninja 9r. i have a few ideas in mind i would like to do but unsure where to start or if its possible. ive been looking around and havent had much luck in finding things for the '94. i want to put a tail section from '98 and up on my bike so i can gain the sleeker tail and tail light. i would also like to put a newer front fairing w/ the 2 headlight set up on it. the next project i want to tackle is put a big bore kit in it if one is available or what motor swap is possible. if any of you have info or links and so on on these ideas please send them with out your sarcastic remarks..lol. help is appreciated

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have a 98 ZX9R tail section i can sell you. give me 50 bucks and its shipped to you. 25 bucks for it and another 25 to ship. If anything let me know. Also, about project sites, its hard because their really isn't much for the kawasaki 9's as it is. The best bet would be to go to Ebay for the fairings. Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive found the fairings and so forth on ebay. thats not the problem. im just trying to figure out what i what have to do to get the tail section to work and the same for the front fairing and headlights.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Dude..im not positive.. But i think its gonna be hard to switch the fairings. Im sure its possible. But i bet theres alot of custom fab stuff. Like brackets. Good luck tho;)

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
The 98 subframe has to be welded. So you're gonna have to do some fab work anyway. I just figure CUT and PASTE off of the 98 on to the 94 and the 98 tail should fit with no problem

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think i might just order the front fairing and headlight along with other parts i'll need and order the rear tail section.if it looks like i can do then i will and if not i'll just resell the shit. let me know if you guys think of nething else. thanks....dan

·
Registered
92 Posts
A good way to look for a new front fairing look, is to go to auto or marine store and buy a fiber glass repair kit. it comes with the fiber on a roll and the two stage epoxy very simple and cheap to use. Take off the fairing and on the back side fill in the headlight hole this may take a few days letting it dry and apply more coats. After it’s all dry and filled turn over and apply thin coat of body filler (bondo) let set and sand smooth. now you have a blank canvas find any lights you like. I used a nice set of car flood lights/fog lights. using a dremal tool cut holes to fit new lights best if you cut 1/8th bigger so you have space to aim lights at proper angle. (Remember measure twice cut once) I managed to use the zx9 head light bracket bending it slightly but it all depends on placement and lights used. You will need to cut the old head light boot off and download a wire diagram to wire one as high beam one as running light and that’s it. This entire mod should not coast you more than 60 bucks! Unpainted. Good luck! Let me know what you think and if you go this rout……

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.