Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my 03 zx9R jetted a month ago with a Dyno jet stage one kit. At the time I had a Jardine Rt-one slip on. The bike rode perfect all that time. Nothing wrong with the Jardine but just looks a little beat up. I bought a Muzzy stainless to replace it and when I took it out, the bike felt like it lost power. It also shut off a few times while at low rpms. I came home and immediately put the Jardine back on because I have never had any problems with this bike before. The problem went away and she had power again. I did look and notice the Muzzy is a bit shorter and smaller than the RT-One.

1. Was the Muzzy really the problem or does it sound like something else?
2. Does Muzzy have a race can similiar to the RT-one?
3. Since I bought her with the RT-one in place and I just want to replace it with the same, how do I know if I have the race can or the street core?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
367 Posts
that does sound pretty strange.... two different slip ons shouldnt have dramatically different tuning requirements... but i guess its possible?

as long as you can see through the muzzy, and there are no dead kittens or bananas blocking it up then it should be fine... are both the pipes about as loud as each other? good chance they should make about the same power... muzzy are known for a good product.

perhaps take it back to who ever tuned it a month ago and see if they can get it to run good with the muzzy?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information. The Muzzy does sound a lot lower than the Jardine. I was thinking that maybe the jetting was allowing more fuel in because of the Jardine's massive airflow when it was tuned and then maybe I restricted it with the Muzzy causing it to stall. Not sure though if that is possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.