Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm planning to actually use my bike for commuting now and I need to find a pair of boots to wear that I can keep on all day and have them look business casual appropriate. I used to have a pair of Dr. Martens that I would wear if I needed to ride in anything other than armor but since I'm going to be doing it regularly rather than as the exception, I need to find something better. I've looked through piles of boot websites, forum threads and what not, and I can't find anything that seems decent for this purpose. Everything is either a Harley boot, which looks ok for office wear but doesn't seem any more protective than Doc's, or they look very obviously like track boots.

Anyone found something that's a really good middle ground to be good boots without looking like I'm prepping for a day at the track? For some clarification I don't have to wear suit and tie, but typically Khaki's and button downs and the like.

· Registered
1,764 Posts
I have these: Sidi Strada Air. Seem to do a pretty good job with khakis as long as the leg isn't too thin. My dressier khakis, no, but my sportier/more casual ones, yes.

· Registered
1,415 Posts
Here are a few from Dainese that might work.

Attachments

· Registered
1,074 Posts
the best answer here is to hide a pair of work shoes at your desk and change when you get there. the bottom line is that a good pair of riding boots are uncomfortable to walk around in all day and a good work shoe would be irresponsible of you to wear while riding...

s3aturnr

· Registered
90 Posts
the best answer here is to hide a pair of work shoes at your desk and change when you get there. the bottom line is that a good pair of riding boots are uncomfortable to walk around in all day and a good work shoe would be irresponsible of you to wear while riding...
+1. I've stashed a change of clothes (jeans / shoes) for commuting and getting out of gear.

· Registered
1,764 Posts

s3aturnr
Actually, I don't find my Sidi or Alpinestars all that bad. Mind you, I sit at a desk for 90% of it.

That said, I keep a pair of Pumas or DCs stashed at work.

· Registered
123 Posts
I work in a business casual environment, and when I ride, I just arrive in riding gear and change in a storage closet or the bathroom. I keep my shoes in a locker, and throw my pants in a backpack, and just have my dress shirt and tie on under my jacket. I use riding jeans now, when I get a pair of full textile pants/overs, if necessary I'll wear my slacks under them and throw the overs in my bag when I arrive.

I'm going to be getting a job where it'll be suit/tie, and I'll see how it goes trying to go with a similar method. I may have to change it up at that point.

· Registered
3,843 Posts

s3aturnr
This is what I do. I keep an extra set of my dress shoes at work under my desk and change when I get there. Since I wear my brown shoes a lot, I'll just throw them in my back pack if I need brown shoes that day. Otherwise, I have A* Ridge boots that look decent under khaki's.

I work in a business casual environment, and when I ride, I just arrive in riding gear and change in a storage closet or the bathroom. I keep my shoes in a locker, and throw my pants in a backpack, and just have my dress shirt and tie on under my jacket. I use riding jeans now, when I get a pair of full textile pants/overs, if necessary I'll wear my slacks under them and throw the overs in my bag when I arrive.

I'm going to be getting a job where it'll be suit/tie, and I'll see how it goes trying to go with a similar method. I may have to change it up at that point.
I come to work fully dressed, but I have overpants. So I can just unzip it and I'm good to go. Dont even have to use the storage closet since you're fully clothed under it. Plus, you get better protection (armor, etc) from a pair of over pants than you do riding pants...and mine zip up in the back to my jacket...another plus!
-Cody

· Premium Member
1,905 Posts
We have a couple guys that wear the Spidi X-K shoe (boot) communting in. They don't look that bad and they have worn them all day without issues on several occasions. Close to what you need possibly ??

· Ninja Bike Forum Mod
22,532 Posts
I've never had anyone concerned with my footwear when I wear my A* SMX-5s.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.