Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I recently bought an 02 ZX7R and had the issue with the fast flashing turn signals even though there was no change on any of the lights and all worked just fine. So I ended up replacing the tail light with an LED one that had built in turn signals because the previous owner removed the rear turn signals as well as the fender.

I did some research and found ( http://www.kawiforums.com/showthread.php?t=15919 ) I ended up replacing the flasher relay with the Tridon EL12 and it worked just fine.

Today I replaced the stock front turn signals to the flush mount LED ones, once again they work fine, however, whenever I turn on either the right or the left signal my rear tail goes out while the signal is working fine, as soon as I turn off the signal the tail comes back on.

Anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just rechecked everything and all wires are where they're supposed to be. I tried putting the stock relay back on and the problem still exists so it's not the relay.

I hooked up the front turn signals to the back turn signal wires and the problem went away, signals working and tail light as well.

The rear signals don't have two wires for each signal coming out of it, it has a yellow and a blue wire for each side, somehow it's effecting it I just don't know how. The tail light it's self is hooked up with the plug, 3 wires coming to the plug and 3 wires going into the light.

The front LED turn signals do have 2 wires for each signal...

Anyone have any ideas :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts