Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Originally posted by 99Ninja

I know a lot of guys that have bikes say that most bikes don't come with a fuel gauge..to see how much fuel is left in the tank. Are there any aftermarket gauges that I can add on ? Thanks.
just use your trip meter as your gas gauge,
on my bike, i can go about 180 miles tops, before hitting reserve, so around 150 to 160 miles, i start looking for a gas station.

·
Registered
327 Posts
It's not likely to be accurate on a sportsbike because of the nature of these bikes and how they are ridden - generally leant over. That's why they don't bother fitting one in the first place.

I tend to just see how far I've gone using the trip meter, I can gauge pretty accurately when I'm about to hit reserve.

Red 2002 ZX-6R 636

It's not the speed that kills, it's the sudden stop...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know a lot of guys that have bikes say that most bikes don't come with a fuel gauge..to see how much fuel is left in the tank. Are there any aftermarket gauges that I can add on ? Thanks.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I've gone 180 and 185 miles on two different tanks of gas without hitting reserve. So usually I fill up around 150 as well. I guess it's all in how much throttle you use (not much here).

-2000 ZX-6R.....

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by a007sniper

How do you get so much linm? Is that 150km or miles?
that's in miles...

I don't know if it does matter, but i don't go WOT a whole lot

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yep I get right on 180 miles (290km) before switching to reserve on the J1 as well. I do about half town and half freeway riding. I find I get an extra 10 - 15 km from using a higher octane fuel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.