Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
flames comming out of after market pipe with & without new map, it shoots out a flame abought one foot. looks cool but is it fucking up my bike? help

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
only thing it could damage IMO is the pipe. if it's shooting flames the map has got to be wrong, your bike is running rich

·
Registered
36 Posts
did you fit a full system or just and end can?

if you fitted a full system did you change the header pipe gaskets?
likewise if you fitted and end can did you replace the gasket where the header pipes meet the connector pipe?

it sounds like your exhaust is running rich and is blowing to me. the flames won't do any damage. my 2000 zx6r used to do it all the time

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have a power comander with 3 diffrent maps and a full micron system no leaks iwill get pics flames are cool[}:)]

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Originally posted by one2nv
i have a power comander with 3 diffrent maps and a full micron system no leaks iwill get pics flames are cool[}:)]
Yeah let's see pictures!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
when i down shift and if i hold it at the right rpm's i can make it shoot little flames
at a stop

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
flams come from chevron gas 91octan the sh*t in the gas won't burn so it blows by out through the pipe in a big fire ball cool

i got a full race map for my power commander it has the rev limiter set at 16,500rpms
in each gear with my microm system the hp and torq are 130hp at 28ft lbs is that right shouls i down load this into my bike what do u think will i blowup my bike with this map

·
Registered
363 Posts
You should really have a custom map done for your bike. No two bikes are exactly alike and no two dynos are exactly alike. While using a map done on somebody elses 636 will get you close, it will not be perfect. Save up the money and have a custom one done.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Is it a Foggy FP1??? JK, LOL...man those puppies look mean, like the afterburners on an F-14 or something. There's no riding in their draft!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Originally posted by one2nv
i will take all that emissions crap off at my shop
Some motors are just notorious for it..my old gixxer motor would awlays do it on the track, my new one never does..my 636 does it too..no biggie..doesnt hurt anything...scares the shit outta the racer sittin on your ass too

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.