Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres my dilema...saturday, when i took off from the gas pump, just as i got to the end of my clutch i heard a quiet but solid click, and i could slightly feel it with my left foot. i thought i was just paranoid, but today, the same thing, only a little more audible. i took it over to my riding buddy's and put it on his stand, but he couldnt hear it. i think im just way more perceptive since its mine.

the clutch doesnt slip, and im not missing gears or jumping out of gears or anything, so i dont really know what to look for. all i know is that its just a few good clicks, maybe 3, right as the bike starts to pull as im letting out the clutch. anyone have any ideas what this is.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I'd check your clutch basket and plate tabs. Sounds like you notched something - been doing any clutch-ups or burnouts? I think that basket is cast aluminum and won't stand up to very much hard clutch engagements before the steel tabs from the drive plates start notching - could be wrong but that's where I'd start.

Q

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Q-Ball
I'd check your clutch basket and plate tabs. Sounds like you notched something - been doing any clutch-ups or burnouts? I think that basket is cast aluminum and won't stand up to very much hard clutch engagements before the steel tabs from the drive plates start notching - could be wrong but that's where I'd start.

Q
yeah, ive done some clutch ups, but not too many, and i dont really dump the cllutch, i slip it. i guess thats where im gonna start though.

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
Mine has notched a little in 8k miles.. Not to the point where im getting problems but forsee something to that effect later in its life.. Then inner clutch hub has a lot more surface area than the outer basket, even though its alumn. it wears about the same it seems..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.