Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More info are you just doing 1st gear wheelies? 2nd gear? sit downs? stand ups?

·
Registered
11 Posts
There all sit downs in first to second. [?] I really want to learn the stand ups, but I need some guidance.

Originally posted by JRoCK

More info are you just doing 1st gear wheelies? 2nd gear? sit downs? stand ups?

·
Registered
303 Posts
as you let off the throttle stand up as you nail it.. i can get my bike up better when doin standups.. stand ups feel awkward at first but just practice for a while and you wont want to do sit downs anymore..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ive been doing alot of wheelies lately, but Im having trouble keeping it up for more than 20-30 feet. I have an '03 636, any suggestions?
Also, if anyone has any standing wheelie tips, please share.

Oh, and by the way, im at work, so I may not respond right away.

I gotta be sneaky!!!![}:)]

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
try 2nd sitdowns learn to redline or balance them then go for stand ups but if youw ant to do stand ups this is how i do them

start at 45-50 mph give some gass to about 55 while your accelerating bounce the hell out of the pegs dont let off the gas when the bike is starting to come up from the bounce give it alot of gas up she should come. If not give it more bounce and gas its all about timing also.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Or just stay in first, yank on it and nail it. It'll come up, and it's much slower to learn at. Until you get it way up there, stand-ups are much more controlable than sit-downs in first.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm also havin trouble holding my wheelies!! Since I'm still a "newbie" and this is my first bike, I guess I'm kinda scared in a way!! I think on my dirtbikes I could have preformed under the big top!!!:) I'm going to about 8/9 letting off then hittin it and it comes about I'd say about a foot or a lil more and the furthest I've gone is to the end of 1st!! Any Suggestions?? Just need to keep practicin till I get more comfortable??

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you wont be able to hold 1st gear up very long unless you are the man and can do slow wheelies. The gear is to short in 2nd you can hold them as long as you want just as long as you find the balance point take it slow you will be there. I started doing 2nd gear stand ups about 3-4 months of riding(on my r6). Just start small and work your way up slowly. R6 has a high ass balance point so wheelie the 6r is very easy i think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.