Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello im here wondering if anyone can help me identify an old Kawasaki dirt bike engine that i received from a relative along with the bike. its a 2 stroke (most likely 90-100cc) its not seized at all and im looking to get the jug honed and i cant seem to find any model number or anything on it ill post some photos below :smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Since the carb is inside the right front of the engine case, it looks the same as the Kawasaki 1970 100cc 2-stroke enduro that I bought used in 1972 when I was 13 years old.

It was a good running bike, if you added a new or sandblasted spark plug regularly, and if it is a 5-speed, it is best to add a much bigger back sprocket to avoid the 1 to 2 and 2 to 1 shifts by starting out in 2nd. gear- it often shifted to neutral instead, especially when going up a steep hill and trying to shift from 2 to 1.

Here is a video for one (this one is a 10-speed with high and low for the 5 transmission gears):
-
-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymteHdCVSd4
-
-

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you so much for the information, and yes i forgot to mention it is a rotary valve (at least i think that what its called) my grandfather bought this engine as a replacement for a 90cc bored to a 100cc Kawasaki that i believe they had on a "grant van tech" frame which i think was like a universal conversion frame that my grandfather set up for my uncle as a racing bike originally in Louisville in 1968. just wondering if you happen to know if there is even a way to find parts for this motor anymore

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts