Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out at the track last week and bike was running great and then all the it started getting hard to start then after the next session it would not crank.

After many hours of work and parts changing still no luck.

Here is what I have found and know…. This is an intermittent and frequent problem

For some reason whenever the bike will not crank the FI light blinks, does not stay on, and the motor does turn over. The fuel pump is not getting power to the white and red wire for 3 seconds as it should. So I changed the fuel pump relay and still have the same problem. If I can get the bike to crank it will not die and runs great, but if I turn it off and try to re-crank it then sometimes it will crank and sometimes it will not. I don’t think it is the tip sensor because it would shut the bike down if it was running, but at this point I don’t know what else to do besides take it to the shop.

Of note: I have hooked the fuel pump up to 12volts and it works fine. I have also check for bad connections, broken, and/or frayed wires. I did not see anything out of the ordinary.

Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
Bad battery maybe? Check the battery to make sure it's good. You can take it to your local auto parts store and get it checked for free.

Also check the other sensors: Neutral, Clutch, Kickstand, etc.

Let us know what you find.

:)

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
sound like a battery or a wiring issue

1 - 3 of 3 Posts