Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some regular frame sliders on my bike and I slid out on the left side last week. The frame sliders protected the plastics(somewhat) but my shifter broke off, had to get another one. I put the new shifter on the other day and wouldn't you know it, while comming home today I slid out on a patch of oil (left side again)..now my oil tank is leaking, this bike is sensitive as hell, I can't deal with these small 5 second repairs that are costing an arm and a leg...I want to put on a cage, but I can't figure out what options I have...Also, just wanted to clarify but the 05 and the 06 is the same...are the 03 and 04 bodies similar too ? can you put cages from those on the 06 636 ?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
im gonna get a powers cage. check out the stunter section for a nice thread on this cage. 05-06 cages are different than 03-04 im pretty sure

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
both...Im getting frisky on that thing...but city driving...its kinda just a matter of time till you go down. I rather spend $200-300 now and not worry about my brake pedal breaking or my shifter breaking or my oil cover cracking..those things on the bottom are not really protected by the sliders and if I would of bought a cage outright, I wouldn't have spend money on fixing those little things.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
well if you are still wanting to lean it over far in the corners, powers makes race rails for around 120 that dont give up any ground clearance and are much better than sliders. they also make the full cage which is what im gettin for stunting

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.