Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Thanks for looking at my thread. What do you guys think? My bike runs at a good temperature while its in action. But when i stop at a light, the temperature keeps on rising until it gets to high, thats if i dont move. Is it my water pump that is not working properly. Any suggestions will help. Thanks a lot in advance.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took it to a mechanic to get its full service. Since then the bike has been much more responsive and faster. But its over heating.... =(

Yes the fan is coming on. But when i turn it off and then turn the key on the fan does not come on.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
to be honest the fan is usually on all the time. At least every time i check.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
coolant is quite well actually. I checked the radiator level and it was fine. The reservoir also marks full. I was thinking of flushing the coolant. Think ill help?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
actually i am not quite aware of everything he did. Although he did mention that some of my lines where clogged up. How can i check for an air pocket?

·
Powerhungry
38,368 Posts
how does the overflow bottle look? is it full/empty?

when its COLD. pull the rad cap off. and check the coolant level. if its low, top it off.
start the bike, let it warm up. keep topping off the rad as needed. once you cant add anymore. put the cap back on. make sure the overflow is between the lines. ride it this way for a while keeping an eye on the overflow.

·
Banned
5,572 Posts
The overflow can be full and the radiator be low. It CAN happen.

check out the radiator. Pull the right side mid fairing to get easy access to the radiator cap.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks a lot guys. Ill check today as soon as i get home and ill update. i hope thats it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts