Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a few questions i need help with,

first, i need to replace my left side fairing for my 99. am i right when i say the lower fairing is the same piece on the left and right, mening they are connected, or is it two seperate pieces?

second, if i get an unpainted fairing, where can i get the correct color paint? [stock green]

third, please give me some suggestions on flush mount turn signals for the front. preferably they will closely fit the hole left by stock turn signals.

lastely, as you can tell the manual i got is terrible. its a haynes but it appears to mostly discuss the euro zzr. it does say zx6 on the cover but doesnt help much. any suggestions?
thanks alot guys.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
amvenne,

1. Try buykawasaki.com for the parts diagram on the fairing piece you needed.

2. You can get the color match color you need from color-rite.com. Then take that number for your green to where ever you have the bike painted so they can do an exact match.

3. Look at turn signals by Lockhart Phillips. They should have something you like. A few great websites for the LP stuff is ChaparralMotorsports.com, MAWonline.com and DennisKirk.com.

Good luck,

-Flash

·
Registered
256 Posts
Originally posted by Rob Lee

Get the Kawasaki service manual, part number 99924-1226-02 for the 1999 bike, from your dealer or ronayers.com.
I got the factory service manual copied onto a CD for $6 on ebay. Great quality, I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Dang, I forgot about RonAyers.com

Rob, is the part number the same for the '02 and other year manuals as well?

-Flash

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
The Kawasaki service manual part numbers for each ZX-6R model year are as follows:
  • 1995 to 1997: 99924-1184-02
  • 1998 to 1999: 99924-1226-02
  • 2000 to 2002: 99924-1254-03
  • 2003: 99924-1311-01

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Right on Rob, thanks.

I'd like that CD too. Will check eBay for that.

-Flash

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
go to any body shop color store. take a piece of plastic thats the same color and they will match it. you can re-paint the bike with a quart of base, top coat, clearcoat. all those, plus the laquere and herdener cost me $132. a whole lot cheaper than color-rite. head to a body shop with all plastics preped(sanded) and tell them to shoot the plastics for $100 bucks.

if they say they cant do it for a hundere bucks go somwhere else.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.