Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...

when I have the time, I'll make a full post of the incident, but for the time being, michigan roads got the best of me at 80 mph.

What is this worth?

**Note Unable to tell if forks are straight, not noticeably and they compress, subframe is straight left to right, but unable to tell front to back due to battery package shifting

·
Registered
187 Posts
subframes are cheap, they can be had for easily under $200 on ebay (~100 with some searching). The front end is the expensive part since they are the most often parts that are destroyed. you'll be best off taking it to a specialized race shopt that can check the frame/forks for straightness.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I hope you are Ok and sorry to hear about the mishap. You forgot to mention the condition of the frame and it's title. A dented or cracked frame with a salvage title will really bring the value down. Anyways, it's really hard to tell how much it is worth without fully understanding the extent of the damage. I know a lot of people will try put a value on it but in reality, it will all depend on you and the (serious) buyer. Good luck!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea, i'm sorry for neglecting to mention those.

The title is obviously clear, this happened 2 nights ago now. The bike was one of the cleanest around justbefore it went down, i waxed it once a week... and babied it mechanically, and look where it got me..haha.

the frame is not cracked, and the forks have been inspected htis morning and they are straight! Alright! what a miracle. Anyways, the subframe looks tweaked a bit at the tail end, but akwardly enough, the only piece that appears to be tweaked is that last connecting bracket that holds the light and connects the 4 hollow beams together.

bike just rolled over 6k miles on my way back.

what else can i say?

·
Registered
342 Posts
kinda looks like mine did only minus the tail section. I would put it back together, that front end stuff can be had for cheap on the net. Doesnt seem like theres enough damage to me to jsut give up on it.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I just sold a wrecked 04 6R on ebay for $1525. $4000 is going to be a real stretch considering what they go for intact. I might be interested.

A couple of questions:

Do you have any pictures of the other side?
Do you still have the gauge cluster and all of the parts missing from the bike in the pictures?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have all the parts minus the center of the winshdield, but i have the stock shield here at home.

This bike still has a clean title, and it was absolutley mint, so I know with new plastics and a fairingstay, it'd be clean once again.

1525 seems way low, beause this bike runs. I stripped it down and rode it to work this morning.... I was offered 6000 in hand when I went down to deals gap, you can find my thread on here, on june 12th. I didnt sell because it had sentimental value, but since then i've put on 3000 miles and decided I need something more comfy to ride longer distances. I priced out the pieces and it will cost you between 1500 and 1700 depending on which pipe you want, to get this bike to the way it EXACTLY how it was. I'm looking for as close to 4k as possible, so if you would like to make an offer, PM it to me. I'd just like to get it over and done with, since I use my bike as primare transportation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.