Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

New to Kawi forums and I will need some help installing a Slip On Muzzy exhaust on a 05 ZX6r. I started by loosening everything in the rear, removing the rear Cowl, the stock exhaust and all the pieces I needed to remove.

Then I found out I got sold the female end of the muzzy exhaust which will not fit into the headers. I've taken both (stock and new exhaust)pieces to a machine shop to have both pieces swaped out.

My problem now is finding where to attach the cable that was originally on the stock exhaust. The muzzy has no where to attach it.
If you have any idea on how to complete this job, please reply to this posting.

I did recieve a servo limiter with the muzzy exhaust but there is no detail instruction on what to do.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I have a muzzy slip - on. You dont need the cables anymore. They are useless. You just have to install the servo and thats it. but do not turn the key after removing the cable or u will be screwed. put the servo on first.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Originally posted by greenreeper05
I have a muzzy slip - on. You dont need the cables anymore. They are useless. You just have to install the servo and thats it. but do not turn the key after removing the cable or u will be screwed. put the servo on first.
Actually when i installed the muzzy slip-on on a friend of mine's bike the servo turned all the way to the left with the servo limiter installed i called muzzy because it wouldn't run right because of this and they told me to take the limiter off and turn the key on then back off it will reset the servo and no more problem so thats what i did and it worked perfectly.

·
Registered
70 Posts
once you have finally installed the slip on check for clearance between the midpipe and the plastic heat sheild. I had a problem and so did others with a little contact between the two causing melting to the heat sheild. no big deal but it smells like ass and drips down the pipe. plenty of posts on this site. Pipe sounds great though.

·
Registered
927 Posts
i didnt have melting problems at all on my Muzzys, I put sticky heat shield paper underneath and havent had any problems with it melting anything.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys for all the advices. But one last problem I'm encountering presently after installing the exhaust is the heat. I don't much clearence betweeen the side plastic that covers the pipe and the exhaust. It started melting the plastic. I bought the adhesive heatshield and that did not prevent that plastic but it reduced the amount of heat that was burning my butt.

I went to an exhaust shop to have it bent, they said they couldn't help me on that.

Finally I bought the heat rap that is used on muscle cars. Thats working to some extent but it doesn't look too sharp. It looks like some exhaust with a rag attached to it.

Anyone outthere who has done something like this before, please let me know how you got rid of the problem of the exhaust running hot and melting the under carrier.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Looks good! I can't be of much help to you regarding the installation though.. Never installed an undertail exhaust before.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.