Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Done some searching and found a few options, but I have a slight wobble, like a mini-tankslapper above 40 mph. It is the worst at about 50, but slightly better the faster I go. Im gonna have the front tire rebalanced , but I dont see any cupping or unusual wear. I already replaced the left clip-on, Some people mention steering head bearings. What else could cause this. Something with the forks maybe. I really need to fix this problem. Thanks in advance!

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
45,304 Posts
As you stated, check the front tire and balance if necessary. You sure it's not cupped? How many miles on it? Start with the simple/obvious stuff first. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
700 Posts
1) steering head bearings or 2) loose bolts in the steering column

·
Registered
174 Posts
Got same thing also but got almost 6k on stock tires so figure that and only happens between like 40-50 when letting go of the handlebars. Not real bad Will see if still does it after pilot powers.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by BrandonM7

So does that mean it's been down? How hard?
Yeah, but not too hard...I'm assuming it wasnt hard enough to tweak the forks or anything. When I replaced the left clip-on, it had a very very slight bend in it, so I was hoping that may have caused the problem. Adjusted the steering head nut, and now the bike wanders under 20 mph. It is very unstable...wondering if its the bearings or what...confused.
Thanks for the replies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.