Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
my personal opinion i wouldnt buy a bike that has been wrecked bad enough to have a salvage title, i dont care if "everything" has been fixed. its hard to tell by just looking at the pics, but if that one is like mine that was just totalled, i wouldnt buy it... if you put that 3100.00 as a down payment on a good cond one. would only be a little bit more money that you would have to borrow.... just another option......

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Looks good but then again like eklipse636 said, its hard to tell by just looking at the pics. [:+1] on the using it as a down payment and getting a good one. I always have bad luck every time I try to save money. I always end up spending more.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah I know its a risk but it might actually go for less then 3100 at the actual acution.3100 is just my max bid that the rep will go up 2 for me. my newbie reasoning was best case I will just have 2 replace four of the fairings and a battery, oil sparkplugs etc. worst case if I have 2 drop a bunch of money into it I figure I will probably stay under 7gs total witch is what I was planning 2 pay in the first place for a good used bike. but if that happens hopefully I will lean allot about bikes[:p]. from the pics it dose not look like it was laid over hard, my guess is the guy ran over something big, kept control to nearly a full stop then laid it down lightly on its left side. But this would be my first bike if I get it and I don’t claim 2 know allot about bikes yet. so thanks for the input and I will keep you guys posted.;)

·
Registered
810 Posts
Why would it be a salvage title if it were just cosmetic damage as shown?? [?] Sometimes the truth is underneath the broken plastic bro...just be careful

·
Powerhungry
38,157 Posts
umm mine was pushed over by a car, while it was parked. it went over against the stand. 6200 in damages later...it was considered a total... luckily i talked the dealer into "adjusting" the estimate, so i didnt get a dirty title. all i basically had to replace was the upper triple and the left rear set. everything else was cosmetic. oh there is a tiny ding from the left clipon hitting the frame. but im not worried about that.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
3rd pic in from the bottom.is that frame cracked maybe or is that water or somethin?hard to tell from the pic.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Looks like the steering head is bent. A closer look will probably reveal that it's cracked. That front wheel is tucked really far in under the bike. Notice how extreme the rake is? The fork tubes and internals are most likely damaged as well. I wouldn't go near that bike for any price.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.