Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I’m doing my first total bike build, bought a 2009 Ninja 650R and I’m converting it from the street fighter style that the previous owner had to a fully faired street bike. It had an aftermarket headlight on it and I’d like to put the stock one back in, but I’m not sure what hardware I’m missing and I’m too stupid to understand Kawasaki’s parts diagrams. Anyone know what I’ll need to install it? In terms of hardware and where it mounts. Thanks!
56D18AF8-383D-45A2-8DE9-CF65A0A90807.jpeg
F76E5E28-5212-407B-A79D-8C301EA92215.jpeg

·
Registered
2011 Kawasaki ER-6F
43 Posts
Hi, I have a 2011 model which has the same fairings and I've had the unfortunate luck to disassemble/reassemble everything fairing related. That's the bit that holds the front fairing on through the mirrors.

Goes through where the red arrows point using 2x 8mmx12mm bolts Kawasaki part code: 130BB0812 they are 30 pence each. Also your clock bracket is not stock where I circled it

That entire bracket is a plastic piece that looks like this:

And this piece wraps around the inside of the cockpit and bolts directly onto that cross bar using 6mmx14mm bolts, part no: 92172-0004

If you need any help I'm more than happy to help you through it, might be easier to do it on something like whatsapp though.
If you're missing any of the bolts I can also try find the part numbers for you. If you order them all at once you can probably get bolts like this 20-50p a pop with minimal delivery so it's actually really cheap and OEM. :)(y)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Antares you’re part of what makes this community so good. Answered my question and went through the work of labeling my pictures and even including part numbers. I appreciate all the help and the detail, I’ll definitely be asking you for more help when I need it if you’re okay with that. If it’s easier for you WhatsApp or texting is fine

·
Registered
2011 Kawasaki ER-6F
43 Posts
Antares you’re part of what makes this community so good. Answered my question and went through the work of labeling my pictures and even including part numbers. I appreciate all the help and the detail, I’ll definitely be asking you for more help when I need it if you’re okay with that. If it’s easier for you WhatsApp or texting is fine
I'll PM you with my number, since you're in the US whatsapp is probably easiest as it's free and easy to share pictures, if you don't mind might still be helpful to document it on the forums for anyone else, though it's a pretty unique case.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll PM you with my number, since you're in the US whatsapp is probably easiest as it's free and easy to share pictures, if you don't mind might still be helpful to document it on the forums for anyone else, though it's a pretty unique case.
I’ll be sure to, it’s the rare and unique cases that should be documented, as that way when people have the same problem they’ll actually have a resource to go off of!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts