·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 ZX6r 636
Runs great, 20k miles

Mods:

K&N filter
  • Kleen air mod (piped from T pipe/valve into crank case, no airbox connection (all ports capped on intake airbox)
  • jumper mod
  • Y pipe (no muffler)
  • -1 14 toothed front sprocket
  • Power Commander V
In Central NJ. 100-200ft above sea level elevation
Always run 93 octane

Looking for a good power commander V file please.

thank you

p.s. (idk if its a good idea, but I’ve been toying with the idea of removing the secondary butterflies as long as I can get its running/tuned or a map for it to run right.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Why do you want to change the map if it already runs great?

Also, removing the secondary butterflies isn't really a good idea unless it's purely a race/track day bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why do you want to change the map if it already runs great?

Also, removing the secondary butterflies isn't really a good idea unless it's purely a race/track day bike.

Well, what I mean by running great is that it has no issues, it has the hard deccell when going off throttle, it has the popping when off throttle too. I am looking for some maps for my PC5- the maps from PC dont seem to be any different then the stock feel. I would like to get some maps that make a difference, I reached out the JD_gun but he is no longer active.

As for the butterflies, the bike is just a fun toy to ride around, no race/tracl day stuff, But I do plan on getting the bike dyno tuned at some point. I'm not sure if that Dyno Tune would make use of the butterfly removal.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts